Respected Contributor

What is a Talbot's Company Store?

We are getting one in our strip mall soon.  I'm a little confused.  I asked an employee of a regular Talbot's store and she said it will have completely different merchandise than them and you can only return clothes to that store.  Any thoughts?  The employee said it's not an outlet. 

Honored Contributor

Re: What is a Talbot's Company Store?

Maybe@KathyPet can answer.  I believe she works at Talbots.

Respected Contributor

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

THere are 3 kinds of Talbot's stores that I know of although I have never heard of any of them being referred to as a "Company Store"

The regular full service stores which are in a lot of malls along with some free standing stores.  THese carry the new  merchandise that you see on line and in the catalog.  

THe outlet stores located in outlet malls.  THe merchandise  in these stores is made especially for the outlet stores.

The true outlets which is where the left over merchandise from the full service stores is sent after the Red Hanger sales are over with.

Merchandise sold at one category of store cannot be returned to a store in a different category.  OUtlet merchandise can only be returned to outlet stores and outlets do not accept returns from full service or "true" outlet stores.

Respected Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

THere are 3 kinds of Talbot's stores that I know of although I have never heard of any of them being referred to as a "Company Store"

The regular full service stores which are in a lot of malls along with some free standing stores.  THese carry the new  merchandise that you see on line and in the catalog.  

THe outlet stores located in outlet malls.  THe merchandise  in these stores is made especially for the outlet stores.

The true outlets which is where the left over merchandise from the full service stores is sent after the Red Hanger sales are over with.

Merchandise sold at one category of store cannot be returned to a store in a different category.  OUtlet merchandise can only be returned to outlet stores and outlets do not accept returns from full service or "true" outlet stores.

Thank you Kathy Pet!  The store actually has the wording Talbots The Company Store on the building.   

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

Confusing..   Makes me glad that I don't shop at any of the various Talbots entities.  I did back in the day when Talbots was Talbots.  

Respected Contributor

I did a search and the name Talbots Company Store is a fairly new trademark of Talbots (registered in March 2017). 

Honored Contributor

I was told a"Talbots Outlet" store is the same high Talbot's quality, just mostly a more casual stores.  Generally, no blazers, suits, heels, and the more corporate look.

They do have the long skirts, beautiful jeans, capris, and some things that would go for more dressy casual but definately not coctail.

Corporate looks come from the "retail" store which is on line and has a catalog.

Respected Contributor

There are 3 Talbot outlets relatively close to here.  None of them looks like a Talbot's retail store and none of them carries the same merchandise seen in the in season catalogs.

Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

There are 3 Talbot outlets relatively close to here.  None of them looks like a Talbot's retail store and none of them carries the same merchandise seen in the in season catalogs.

@muttmom,Exactly.  They'll tell you that the "retail store" is the catalog and website.