Honored Contributor

Re: What is Your take on boy friend jeans?

I don't care for them on any age person. Not into looking sloppy. Not interested in wearing spike heels with old looking jeans. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like boyfriend jeans.

I've noticed, though, that retailers apply that term to a lot of very different jeans!  

I like a straight jean, mid rise, not too tight. And I sometimes roll them up at the hem.

I don't care for the ripped up look. Or super slouchy.  

Respected Contributor

@June2 wrote:
Do you like them? G By Giiuliana on HSN has a pair that sells out each visit....has great reviews. I am tempted to try but wonder about the torn look being too "young".

G by Giuliana Luxe Denim Boyfriend Jean

Esteemed Contributor

They're OK, I haven't bought any jeans that are sold as boyfriend jeans but I turned a pair of straight leg jeans that I already own into boyfriend jeans by rolling up the hem twice.

I did recently try on a pair of Henry boyfriend jeans by JAG at Winners in Canada, the size 16 pair was too big but they didn't have a size 14 to compare sizes. They fit OK but were a bit low in the back rise when sitting down.

Honored Contributor

I do like the boyfriend jean style--def a more casual look & I like the relaxed fit. I usually wear slim, straight leg or bootcut jeans but the boyfriend is a nice switch for the werkend or a less dressy look.

I did watch some of the 1st 2 shows with Giulana and I like her jeans. She mentioned that she has designed a "girlfriend" jean for HSN coming in Sept---maybe a TS??? The girlfriend jean will have a slimmer cut, maybe a more polished look--very interested to try them!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I guess I was ahead of the curve when I was a teen, because the only jeans with legs long enough for me were men's jeans (lol).  Recently I bought a pair of cowboy cut wranglers in bleached denim.  The waist is a wee bit large, but that goes with the territory to accommodate my hips.

I did the torn jeans thing in the 90's.  I don't think I would personally do it again. 

Same here. All the girls jeans came up over my ankles, they were about four inches short. I've never tried boyfriend jeans. I may try on a pair and see what it is all about.

Honored Contributor

I must add that I haven't worn any holey ( torn ) BF jeans.  Just what I described in my other posts.  Too lazy to go back and edit right now!   Later on.  p.s.  Anybody having troubles of computer often freezing up on this site?   Tired of forced shutting down.  Oh, well..........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I like REAL boyfriend jeans; I bought two pairs at Old Navy about three years ago and I love them.  I like that they are real denim, not that soft stretch material.  BF jeans work for me because the leg is fuller and they are meant to be cuffed.  I'm a size 16 and I'm short with a small (for my size waist); BF and bootcut jeans are the most flattering fit for me.    I have seen cuffed skinny jeans that they call a BF jean but they really aren't. 

Respected Contributor

@peachesncream wrote:

@June2 wrote:
Do you like them? G By Giiuliana on HSN has a pair that sells out each visit....has great reviews. I am tempted to try but wonder about the torn look being too "young".

G by Giuliana Luxe Denim Boyfriend Jean

Yes, that's a real boyfriend jean.  I think my Old Navy jeans are a tad fuller in the leg.  I have them in a light denim and a medium color denim.  I wear them with a slim fitting tee and and high (for me) wedges.   

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@traveler wrote:

what are they??

Like if you borrowed your boyfriend's jeans, they're cut differently than traditional women's jeans.  Here is an example from J.Crew.

Here is one from GAP.

1969 sexy boyfriend jeans

I love the J. Crew ones and have a pair from there.  I also have a pair from Hot in Hollywood and Ann Taylor.  I don't like the ones that have holes in them.  I like boyfriend jeans that aren't so voluminous in the legs and ones that don't add weight.  I just bought a pair of Guiliana's due to the reviews.  I certainly didn't need them, but I thought I'd see how hers fit.  I like light wash and dark wash ones, but I don't like a lot of distressing on mine--I like a little bit of distressing.  I refuse to wear ones wtih big holes in them.

I think if one can pull them off, one can wear them at any age!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"