Super Contributor

Re: What is THE fashion brand/trend for 3-5th grade girls

I have a 4th grader and justice is super popular they have a variety of styles and other fun stuff. They have a good range of sizes too

Super Contributor

Justice is losing its luster now. Not as popular with the older kids. Prints Cropped hoodies long tanks Tall shafts boots
Trusted Contributor

On 11/20/2014 NickNack said:

I would ask her parents. I wouldn't suggest buying anything for a child that age without asking her parents what she would like.

Mine sure didn't care for "typical" girly things.

Asking the parents for gift ideas is great advice. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I can't tell you how many toys and clothes we donated, unused, because no one bothered to find out what the kids were actually interested in.

Honored Contributor

i have a young cousin in 4th grade.....she LOVES justice and the childrens place. i took her to their outlets about a month or so ago and she was like a kid in a candy store. she especially loved their shoe/boot wall. she is also into everything that has to do with FROZEN.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I wouldn't want to encourage little girls to be preoccupied with ""the"" fashion brand -- or ""the"" anything! I'd want them to learn to look for quality and value and to appreciate things on their own merit rather than what advertisements or other people tell them are the ""in things"". There's way too much shallow sameness in our culture and way too much attention to externals and outside influences.

Super Contributor

I second the Justice recommendation. And I think they still have gift cards so I'd do that. That way they can pick what they want. You could get them a pretty scarf, and then a gift card to go with it and they will love that. They love to pick their own clothing starting then. Well before that but that is when it really starts is around age 8-10.

The tween set, around 10-12ish, likes Aeropostale too, that's the next move up before they get into American Eagle and Abercrombie and A&F and Hollister. Prices go up too accordingly.

Again though, a small token gift and then gift cards are the way to go so they can pick what they want. At this age it's all about them making choices with their clothing.

Honored Contributor

Justice again!

Super Contributor

Smile One cute gift idea that I saw at a birthday party many years ago when my DD was young (and back then, Justice was called Limited Too, they changed the name since then).

Someone gave the young girl a very cute purse and inside the purse was a Limited Too gift card! I thought that was a really cute gift idea and the little girl was really thrilled with it and excited to see the gift card inside the purse.

Honored Contributor

I agree, if you are giving clothing, ask the childs mom for ideas. Some girls in that age group don't even follow trends. They haven't been bitten by the "style bug" yet. It's always risky to assume that just because one 8 year old adores something that every other 8 year old will adore it to. Little ones have their own sense of style and the style of choice can differ from school to school within the same town. Not to mention that you don't want to duplicate something the child already has or even worse, buy her something that her mom doesn't want her to wear.

Honored Contributor

On 11/21/2014 GoodStuff said:

I wouldn't want to encourage little girls to be preoccupied with ""the"" fashion brand -- or ""the"" anything! I'd want them to learn to look for quality and value and to appreciate things on their own merit rather than what advertisements or other people tell them are the ""in things"". There's way too much shallow sameness in our culture and way too much attention to externals and outside influences.

...really....you want them to be different from 95% of the girls and women in this country...lol And you say that on shopping board....lol