Respected Contributor

Re: What host has told us how to look our best the most?

love the diet secret and i follow it with the exception of the prints.  i'm not into prints too much.

wow, i sure miss lisa!  she's quite a gal and i forgot what she was like!

Honored Contributor

A full-length mirror is your best friend.    I have taken a hard, objective look, and put my "outfit" in the donation bag.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I have heard several hosts give suggestions or advice for what and how to wear things. I really haven't learned anything new from the hosts in terms of style. IMO the outfits the hosts wear on air and how they present themselves is more enlightening than just telling viewers what they should be wearing. I learned more about putting together outfits and how to wear things from TLC's What Not To Wear and Kendall Farr's books on style. 

Honored Contributor

I don't really need to take fashion tips from a shopping channel host.  Most of the time they are giving tips that are in line with whatever they are selling at the moment and then they will contradict those tips down the road to sell something else.

It was hard for me to take any fashion tips from someone who wore her clothes at least a size, if not 2 sizes, too small.  A great fashion tip to follow is that clothing should fit.  Buttons shouldn't pull to the point they look they are going to burst.  Jackets should always be able to be closed, even if that's not how you plan on wearing it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

A full-length mirror is your best friend.    I have taken a hard, objective look, and put my "outfit" in the donation bag.

@Desertdi*********OH!  (sob) Hon, you can't save parts of it?  Is it one piece?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would never take style tips from someone with Joan Crawford eyebrows

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi

I agree...we have french doors to our closet, and Handsome hung full length mirrors on the inside of each door...I can move them in such a way to get the back, the sides, and, of course, the front view...it's my version of the 360.  I'm able to, as you said, take a hard, objective look at my outfit.  What looks good at the store...or online...might look awful in my 360.  I don't hesitate to turn right around and return or donate something if it doesn't pass the home 360 test.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

I think LR had a sense of style and a knowledge of fashion but MOST of all, she knew her customers,  Let's not forget, she was a sales woman.  That was her job and she was amazing in that job.  She was not advising us, she was putting a positive spin on the items she was paid to sell.  Colleen Lopez comes close to LR but no shopping channel host will ever truly equal her.  LR could be funny too and she was always entertaining.  But that was then, this is now.  She's gone and the LR worship needs to go too.  She has her blogazine now and that should be where the people get their LR fix.  Kathy Levine moved on and we all survived.  It's no different with LR.

Esteemed Contributor

I always enjoyed Lisa's sense of humor and just her whole personality in general. She was always upbeat and pleasant. But (yep here's the but) when I think of her fashion wise in my head I only remember her in two outfits. The black floor duster gumby pants with a black top and the other outfit is a way too tight Gili leather jacket cinched even tighter with that wide obi belt combined with a sausage casing fit leather (or fake leather) skirt. The times I've checked her facebook page in all of her selfies it's clear she still prefers the same tight fitting clothes. On the other hand if I had her body I might be darn proud of it and lean that way too.