Trusted Contributor

Re: What happened to Melissa?

I think she looks older than 47.  The plastic surgery seems to have aged her. I remember when she had her breasts enlarged and I do not think it enhanced her look.  The print top last night was far from flattering.  It seemed when she caught herself in the monitor, she was not pleased or comfortable with her appearance.

The show is awkward to watch.  Giuliana is toning it down.  NeNe is a trainwreck.  Margaret Cho's Tats are distracting.

Honored Contributor

I have been watching.  I too thought the outfit on Melissa last night was horrible.  The sleeve length cut her arms at a bad spot and the entire thing bad her look much larger.

G fiddling with the bangs of her hair is distracting.  I'm not sure why she went back to the bad extensions.  I liked her shorter, bob haircut although even with that, she has always messed around with her hair.  I think it's a habit. 

I thought NeNe and Margaret were on as guests and that the guests would alternate weekly.  But that doesn't seem to be the case.  NeNe was funny the first week but now she's worn out her welcome for me.    

Trusted Contributor

I have not seen the new show.  Nene is on????!!!   Won't watch if she is on.  When is her 15 minutes of fame going to be over.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw Melissa on FP the other night too and thought she looked just like her mother, as in getting plastic surgery just the way Joan did.  She did not look good to me, and it is a shame.  I only watch that show once in a while.  With the new cast of people, I don't think I will be watching it any more.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched bits of the show during DWTS breaks.  It was painful. In the past, I thought Melissa inherited her mother's fashion savvy, but last night's outfit was not a good look. (unless she was going for the buxom look)

What the heck does Margaret Cho have on her knees? It looked like George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.

Honored Contributor

I agree.  I barely recognized her.   It was obvious that she had a lot done.  Cosmetic surgery is often about how a person feels and not necessarily how they look.  She's had things done before, she's not new to cosmetic surgery;  perhaps this was her way of feeling close to her mother.  I hope she hasn't gone too far with it.  I assume after they have work done on their faces, it takes a while for the swelling to subside and for things to settle.  I hope so anyway. 

Honored Contributor

She definitively looked different.  I think the show needs to fade into the sunset.  

Trusted Contributor

@baker wrote:

I don't think Joan ever considered herself to be an attractive woman and I think that was the initial pull for the plastic surgery. I think as she aged she just became addicted to it, I think Melissa is headed down that road too.

The sad thing is that Joan ended up looking worse than if she had just left things alone...yes addiction to surgery probably because of an unhappiness within herself.

Esteemed Contributor

@Charm wrote:

I didn't see any changes in Melissa's appearance.  I thought she looked lovely.

I agree I saw her on the show "the talk" several times and she looked lovely and did not appear at that time to have any work done.

Trusted Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

@Charm wrote:

I didn't see any changes in Melissa's appearance.  I thought she looked lovely.

I agree I saw her on the show "the talk" several times and she looked lovely and did not appear at that time to have any work done.

I saw her a few weeks ago on talk show and did not notice a change. Then I saw her on Fashion Police and saw a big difference.  I thought her face was still swollen from some alterations.