Visitor

What happened to Martha Stewart

Hi. I’m a new poster here, but a long time Q fan. Has anyone else noticed that Martha Stewart hasn’t offered any new clothing since Jan, 2020? What made me think about it is that I was sure they’d do a tsv this Fall with her short sleeve puffer jacket, and I was really looking forward to it. Anyone know what’s up?
Honored Contributor

Re: What happened to Martha Stewart

She has a Christmas program on 10/22, nothing scheduled after that.

I think there will be some surprises in January when we hear a few of our favorites won't be coming back.   

Trusted Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I think there will be some surprises in January when we hear a few of our favorites won't be coming back.   

Do you know that or are you just guessing?  

Martha may not have had any clothes on in a while but she has had a few other shows.  Home Decor and wine and such.

Super Contributor

GURL - LOVE Martha.  Hope she does not desert the Q.  But I would not blame her if she did.

@Foxxee wrote:

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

Do you know that or are you just guessing?  

Martha may not have had any clothes on in a while but she has had a few other shows.  Home Decor and wine and such.

@Miss Pepsi 

Just putting two and two together, coming up with 4.  Programming this past year for a few has been declining.  

Esteemed Contributor

My educated guess is that in the New Year Q will be dropping most clothing labels that are not their own, including but not limited to MS, Linea, Lisa Rinna and others.

Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

My educated guess is that in the New Year Q will be dropping most clothing labels that are not their own, including but not limited to MS, Linea, Lisa Rinna and others.

@queendiva 

You may be right, Linea was already announced on Louis's site.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

QVC may not make an actual announcement, but the writing is definitely in the air.  Martha Stewart Fashions have not been refreshed all year.  Her other genres, yes, but not her fashions. Add to that fashion brand --  H by Halston, Brooke Shields, Casa Zeta-Jones, Rachel Hollis, etc.

I think that no matter the celebrity name, all brands have been given a shorter return on investment timeline, at least in fashions.  

Honored Contributor

I wonder if one of the problems qvc is having is that lots of people who might well be long-time customers like me have essentially stopped shopping.  I know I fit right into the huge percentage of older people who have cut their discretionary spending by about a third.

It’s only here there’s talk of buying new clothes.  Haven’t seen anyone of my acquaintance wearing new nor heard anyone talk of buying new or even planning to.  The only impulse buying I hear is someone deciding at 3 o’clock they’ll order takeout instead of cooking!

Honored Contributor

I've been watching and enjoying Martha Knows Best on Saturdays-forget what channel. Anyway, after about six

episodes, it stopped. Wondering why.