Honored Contributor

Re: What happened to Martha Stewart

@Judaline wrote:

I've been watching and enjoying Martha Knows Best on Saturdays-forget what channel. Anyway, after about six

episodes, it stopped. Wondering why.

@Judaline  I follow her on Instagram. These shows are only made with a certain number of episodes. The gardening one was six episodes and she is making more about all different subjects. I assume the next one will be coming.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LisB68    Good morning and welcome to these boards. I guess I've nominated myself as the Welcome Wagon. 

I've noticed many of Martha's clothing items are on clearance and also fewer new items. She has had a few home decor, holiday type or garden shows in the past, but nothing I've noticed lately or on the schedule. 

She may be too busy for Q. There's a cooking show on TV w/ Snoop Dog (a strange combo, right?), a fairly new cookbook and I'm sure many other projects in the works. I've noticed less art/scrapbook items by Martha in Michael's and other stores, too, but her magazine is still on the stands.

For a women almost 80 (?), she's doing great without Q.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Martha knows quality and her sweaters are A+++ and warm.  However, her clothing line missed the mark for most items and jeans.  Her jeans, with zippers at the ankle and flowers running down the leg....was a big mistake...in my opinion.  Think she was trying to get younger women to buy....and they aren't TV shopping channel types....and not of interest to us older crowd.  Lots of jeans on Clearance.

Martha was out of her element.

Honored Contributor

As @Shanus  noted, Martha is spread very thin.  I think she has too much going on and showing her clothing line took too much of her time.  I have many of her clothes, and you can't beat the quality.  I'm sorry it's being discontinued.

The thinning of the clothing lines will be worth it if they'll just get rid of Lisa Rinna, which they should have done long ago.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I absolutely loved Martha's fashion line on the Q.  I purchased several jeans, sweaters, tops, a ruana, and a coat -- all excellent quality, one of the best on QVC in my opinion.  

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just too expensive to manufacture her clothes in the price range QVC gave it, in the same quality.  Martha is not the kind to let her name stay on lesser quality materials.

Honored Contributor

Martha has a store on Amazon. She has a site there with many different products. Although with clothes all I see is a category for outerwear with the puffer jackets. If you google her name and amazon a whole website comes up. It's a lot easier than going to QVC.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Martha has a store on Amazon. She has a site there with many different products. Although with clothes all I see is a category for outerwear with the puffer jackets. If you google her name and amazon a whole website comes up. It's a lot easier than going to QVC.

@proudlyfromNJ ....and that may be the rub!!! Free and fast shipping from Amazon. Q may not have liked that competition and not renewed her line. 

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ   She also has a store on Zulily where she has a wide variety of merchandise.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Martha DOES know best and while this is purely speculative she doesn't strike me as the type to sit on her hands while some Q buyer tells her what to design!

Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

Martha DOES know best and while this is purely speculative she doesn't strike me as the type to sit on her hands while some Q buyer tells her what to design!

Oh how I agree.  I could see a QVC 20 something buyer telling Martha how or what to design.  It would be a very interesting meeting to be part of.