Honored Contributor

Re: What happened to Bradley Bayou?

I thought his suede jackets/coats were one of the few real quality items at QVC; at least, that was my experience. The demographic at QVC remains constant and you can only sell so many suede jackets and coats to the same person. After a while, even the rich person's closet runs out of space and the bank account out of money for more suede, just like the Dennis Basso faux furs. That, too, shall pass.

Valued Contributor

I have several of his coats, anyone remember the suede with the grommets. Well I have about 5 of his coats and if I KNEW THEN...what I KNOW NOW....I would have order more. His coats were so UNIQUE and I did a search the other day and they only had a lot of smalls left.

Respected Contributor

On 2/6/2015 Sister Golden Hair said:

I miss looking at him

I agree sister! He really did wear his jeans didn't he???
Trusted Contributor

On 2/6/2015 wertz said:

There has ben a real change in the number of brands on QVC over the past few years. Both house brands and vendors have been reduced. Gone are Motto, Dialogue, Max NY, Kathy Van Zeeland, Northern Nights, RLM, City knits and their progeny, centigrade, Etiene Aigner, and so many others. This may be good business, but it reduces the variety availalble and the attractiveness of QVC as an on line department store.

What brands are gone that you enjoyed

Polish stoneware. I believed the change came about slowly after Liberty Media purchased the Q from Comcast. They had to service their debt. Are there any really high end brands in the Q anymore?

Respected Contributor

Lol. I'm still moping about Motto being gone. I loved that line. In general, I miss all the designers. Designer fashion day was one of my favorite events. I still have a lot of nice pieces from those shows. I loved Sarah Campbell. I still wear that houndstooth suit.
Trusted Contributor

I miss Du Jour, Sport Savvy, Pamela Dennis, Muxo by Camilla Alves, Modernist by Guillaume Poupart, Marc Bouwer, Luxe by Rachel Zoe

Honored Contributor

He probably refused to let the Q dictate his designs and declined to make his clothes out of polyester...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 2/6/2015 gardensla said:
On 2/6/2015 cosmic1 said:
On 2/6/2015 3star said: His things were getting too expensive, me thinks. I have several of his suede and leather designs that I still wear with pleasure. Nothing in the QVC inventory comes close to Bradley's quality. Guess he didn't want to lower his standards so he left either on his own or by mutual consent.

This is exactly what happened. When he couldn't bring his line in at the price point the Q required he tried to expand the line to other types of clothing, but was not successful.

He is no longer doing fashion; he now does real estate in LA.

I believe that is Bruce Makowsky. He's married to Kathy va Zeeland. Bradley is still designing.

Him too, but nope Bradley is now about home renovation, real estate and interior design.

LINK

If memory serves, Bradley was/is an architect by degree and board. It is not unusual to see architects extend into clothing or jewelry design. Good design is good design.

Honored Contributor

On 2/6/2015 cosmic1 said:
On 2/6/2015 3star said: His things were getting too expensive, me thinks. I have several of his suede and leather designs that I still wear with pleasure. Nothing in the QVC inventory comes close to Bradley's quality. Guess he didn't want to lower his standards so he left either on his own or by mutual consent.

This is exactly what happened. When he couldn't bring his line in at the price point the Q required he tried to expand the line to other types of clothing, but was not successful.

He is no longer doing fashion; he now does real estate in LA.

I believe that is Bruce Makowsky. He's married to Kathy va Zeeland. Bradley is still designing.

Bruce and Kathy just sold their very expensive home in Hollywood, to my understanding, the most expensive house ever sold in their area. Correct me if I am wrong but the source is relatively good, my sister. She is, however, not infallible.