Esteemed Contributor

Re: What happened to Bradley Bayou?

I have some beautiful leather jackets from his line. I agree that it was probably the price point or that he didn't want to go to faux for his items.

Love the ones I have and enjoy wearing them. I haven't bought any of the newer faux jackets or the GILI line either since I don't need anything and I haven't seen anything that appeals to me.

Respected Contributor

I really liked him and his line was of great quality and style. People would always stop me and asked me about jacket or coat when wearing his pieces.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/6/2015 cosmic1 said:
On 2/6/2015 gardensla said:
On 2/6/2015 3star said: His things were getting too expensive, me thinks. I have several of his suede and leather designs that I still wear with pleasure. Nothing in the QVC inventory comes close to Bradley's quality. Guess he didn't want to lower his standards so he left either on his own or by mutual consent.

This is exactly what happened. When he couldn't bring his line in at the price point the Q required he tried to expand the line to other types of clothing, but was not successful.

He is no longer doing fashion; he now does real estate in LA.

I believe that is Bruce Makowsky. He's married to Kathy va Zeeland. Bradley is still designing.

Him too, but nope Bradley is now about home renovation, real estate and interior design.

LINK

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

QVC discontinued his line because no one was buying his merchandise....that's pretty much a no brainer. Vendors who sell, stay......those who don't sell, don't stay.

Respected Contributor

On 2/6/2015 cosmic1 said:
On 2/6/2015 3star said: His things were getting too expensive, me thinks. I have several of his suede and leather designs that I still wear with pleasure. Nothing in the QVC inventory comes close to Bradley's quality. Guess he didn't want to lower his standards so he left either on his own or by mutual consent.

This is exactly what happened. When he couldn't bring his line in at the price point the Q required he tried to expand the line to other types of clothing, but was not successful.

He is no longer doing fashion; he now does real estate in LA.

I believe that is Bruce Makowsky. He's married to Kathy va Zeeland. Bradley is still designing.

Him too, but nope Bradley is now about home renovation, real estate and interior design.

I did not know that. Thanks for the link. I have a whole closet of his jackets that I love and wear. I always bought something from him.

Super Contributor

Bradley created great jackets. ....I own several and always receive compliments when wearing. His line is one that I miss because the styling was so unique......
Occasional Contributor

There has ben a real change in the number of brands on QVC over the past few years. Both house brands and vendors have been reduced. Gone are Motto, Dialogue, Max NY, Kathy Van Zeeland, Northern Nights, RLM, City knits and their progeny, centigrade, Etiene Aigner, and so many others. This may be good business, but it reduces the variety availalble and the attractiveness of QVC as an on line department store.

What brands are gone that you enjoyed

Super Contributor

I thought his pieces were really nice for the price. They were really reasonable, with most of them being around $200.

I miss the pretty colors and unusual textures and leather treatments he had in the line. I wish I had purchased more of his things.

I hate when QVC discontinues a nice line like this! It's so frustrating.

Honored Contributor

I miss looking at him

Honored Contributor

Hopefully he found something else to do with his life. After seeing just a few of his leather jackets, I'd seen enough. He's not a vendor I miss at all.