Esteemed Contributor

Re: What form of outfits, do you wear/have the most of?

Recently retired (last June) so summer was all about shorts, capri's and skirts. All w/ cotton or linen tops. Wore sandals when I didn't wear running shoes.

Unintended weightloss late summer means none of my normal fall and winter pants fit me and I haven't bothered to buy anything new yet as I don't know if weight will come back. So I'm currently living in some form of yoga pants and a borrowed pair of jeans from my dil. I really do need to buy another pair of jeans, but I just haven't got around to going into a store to try any on.

I've given away or donated about 70% of my professional attire and just kept a few jackets, skirts and dress pants. I plan to be very, very casual during retirement. But I do not want to get into a rut of just wearing my running clothes. Smiley Happy 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I used to have a winter uniform of jeans and a sweatshirt for every day wear.  Nicer top when we went "out."  Now I have discovered all these Cuddl Duds and Muk Luks fleece outfits.  They have become the at home uniform because they are so darn comfortable.  Jeans still obligatory for grocery shopping.  The days of going "out."  are gone for awhile.

Honored Contributor

Very comfy, casual stuff--easy to wear and take care of--

Honored Contributor

I mostly wear jeans; long in the winter, short and lighter weight in the summer.  I have quite a collection of cute tops and Sumner tees to wear with them.  My jeans are in a wide variety of colors so I have tops to match.  Today I'm wearing vibrant purple jeans with the new Sports Savvy  iris/orange top.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Jeans, leggings, track & leisure suits, Nike sneakers, Timberlands & combat boots.

I also wear caps.  Walking the dog the cap goes on backwards. hidemf3.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

My "look:"

Pants and turtleneck tops - and then either a shirt or jacket or sweater or vest or cardigan or scarf.  Different colors, fabrics and styles - I wear the same thing everywhere.

Thanks to Linda Dano - back in 1997 I bought a copy of her book "Looking Great" and reworked my wardrobe.  Settled on my personal style ... and the rest is history.  Getting dressed to go anywhere is a snap.  

Respected Contributor

My most frequent outfit is jeans (different styles, colors, lengths and washes) with a tee shirt and some kind of topper (open front flannel shirt, jacket of some kind or jean jacket).  Going out  is wearing casual or dress pants with a top and topper.    I do wear dresses occasionally and skirts.  

Shoes are mostly boots in winter with some flats as indicated by what I am wearing.  I like to vary the shoes I wear.

For me the big thing is:   I don't wear tight jeans or pants/clothes of any kind like those modeled on the shopping channels.  Never

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Valued Contributor

Jeans with a tee or blouse for decades UNTIL last year when I discovered the comfort of knit and lounge pants!  My jeans feel scratchy now Smiley Sad    

Esteemed Contributor

I own every clothing item under the sun, not bragging, just stating reality.   Much of it doesn't get worn very much.  My go to's in winter are a pair of comfy jeans and usually a sweater or a turtleneck.   Sometimes leggings, depends on how cold it is.  In summer I usually wear capri's and sleeveless tops or maybe a sundress.  I've always tended to be more of a casual person and for my career I lived in scrubs. 

Respected Contributor

Winter wear is determined by the weather - and the coat i'll wear, and then my scarf. my neck gets cold.   i have a lot of different coats. lately, when it's not too cold,  i've worn a down vest and a fuzzy thick sweater.   

i like knit pants and soft sweatshirt style tops. around the house. i wear jeans but they always stretch out after a while so i don't wear them at home.  i wear mostly boots.

in the summer, capris, cute tops and i like long t-shirt dresses too.  comfy sandals. it's getting harder to dress now in the summer. i need my legs covered :-(