Honored Contributor

What ever happened to chenille sweaters ?

QVC used to have them all the time. I loved them - made of acrylic - very soft and warm - washed and dried in the machines and stayed perfectly in shape. 

Respected Contributor

Re: What ever happened to chenille sweaters ?

I get mine at Macy's.  Very reasonable price as well.

Honored Contributor

Yes they were. 

Honored Contributor

I was going through things in my closets the other day and I have three of the chenille cardigans QVC used to do.  I've had them for years, have worn, washed and dried them and they still look great.

I've bought chenille from other retailers that, although I liked them, weren't the same quality.  There's "chenille" and then there's "chenille"!  A lot of it ends up filling your dryer with fluff and wears thin over time.

I guess it's just one of those things that the Q thinks "isn't on trend" right now.

Honored Contributor

I still have long - tunic length -chenille  cardigans from denim & company I bought years ago - a taupe a red and a black. In Florida these serve me well as winter coats. They still look great, and they are probably 10 years old.

Esteemed Contributor

I'd love to have one of those old-fashioned chenille bedspreads.

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I'd love to have one of those old-fashioned chenille bedspreads.

I think they sell them at t Vermont Country Store.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Regular Contributor

Thanks for bringing up chenille sweaters. They are my favorites for cold weather. Their warmth and comfort are my number one choice, especially in cardigans. Perhaps we can get QVC to understand that many, many shoppers want chenille sweaters sold on QVC once again.

Honored Contributor

@Aviatrix  YES! I am so tired of only having those sloppy looking , polyester open front cascading cardigans. I own one - unfortunately - and I hate it. I wore it to church one Sunday and all through the service when we would be standing, sitting and kneeling it was a real pain in the neck.I felt like I was wearing something alive that was trying to engulf me. Way too much fabric !! My DH even said why are you constantly fussing with your clothes today? That was the only time I have worn it despite that it is a very pretty color on me, I think of wearing it and then go - nah.Too much trouble.

Valued Contributor

Hey Girls,

I am a knitter, and chenille has the reputation of being really stretchy. The advice is to try to mix the chenille with a strong yarn, like nylon, to prevent it from "growing" every which way.

I agree, there is nothing quite as soft and comfy as chenille!  Maybe Isaac will make a sweater for us!