Respected Contributor

Re: What does height have to do with sizing?

[ Edited ]

I am almost 5'9" tall so the height of the models in pretty important to me. 

Trusted Contributor

Now that I think about it I'm guessing they are trying to kill two birds with one stone here and it just always seemed phrased wrong. And I do appreciate them saying the height.

So model A is 5'4" and a large means hey ladies if you're that height this is where these items hit you and hey other ladies if you're this this body type large would be like this. But to my ear it just sounds like they are connecting those two things somehow.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm 5'5" and height helps me.  When I see a 5'9" model's pants touching the floor and she's wearing 4" heels, I know the pants won't work for me. Even if I were going to wear the same heel height the pants would be too long.  Vice versa when pants look short on the models.  I also use them in this manner when QVC shows a rare dress or skirt, and it's helps me get a good visual of how sleeve length in long sleeve tops and jackets may fit on me.  Measurements are the best tool, but seeing on models helps me too.  

Occasional Contributor

While height may help some people, inseams mean so much more to me. How you are propotioned will determine where clothes fall on you.  I am 5’6” with a 33 inch inseam,

a model can be 5’9”  and have a 30 inch inseam. Garment measurements are so much more helpful. JMO

Honored Contributor

I can find it being useful if the model is wearing a dress and it only comes in regular and also short sleeve tops because tall models normally have longer arms.  

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Shawn just went through all the sizes in the 10:00p hour and that answered my sizing question based on similar body shape and build.

⚓️
Honored Contributor

@SharkE  Lol. Because we can. Because my man likes it too (he's 6'6").  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I find the length of the item much more helpful than the length of the girl wearing it. I'm more concerned with body type but unfortunately the Q seems to have a moratorium on hips! LOL

Trusted Contributor

They ask the models height so you can judge whether you need a regular or petite length based on where the item hits on the model's leg.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

probably b/c if they asked for weight, the s would hit the fan

if you know what I mean

however, as a viewer, you need some kind of marker to gauge how it will work for you .