Honored Contributor

Re: What does height have to do with sizing?

@SharkE wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

I stand just at 6'1". Height has a LOT to do with sizing, trust me.

Wow !

@SharkE  Add to that I tend to wear 3.5 -4 inch heels. : )

Honored Contributor

28 in inseam is my favorite

8 or 9 in inseam on shorts

Still got good legs in my old age.

Want my knees to be flexible at all times. Looks like pedal pushers you would be trying to get them off your knee cap all the time

Honored Contributor

If you watch the fashion shows with any regularity and buy from the Q, I bet you already know the models are tall and really don't care to hear  how nice and tall they are every presentation. What does that mean anyway, does it mean if I'm not at least 5ft.9 or 10 the clothes will not fit or look as good on me! The hosts go on and on like a broken record. I think women know what they can wear at their height and weight and there's always the garment measurements online. If you are not built like Jackie or one of the other models how does knowing anything about her help you. If this is such a big deal, let's have a show with all very tall models and only sell tall and the like for petite and regular sizing. I'm surprised the Q can even get petite models, the way the host and vendors ignore them during a show. For COL they have how many channels and new hosts now, it should be feasible to have the shows tailored to the customer.

Trusted Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

I get people like knowing the model's height because they can see where an item will fall. I think the OP is saying the same thing I've thought in the past. Saying oh, your 5'10 and wearing a large doesn't seem helpful. The difference between buying a medium or large shirt wouldn't be because of height.

Many thanks @pigletsmom 

I understand if you're tall or petite, you'd like that info, but it does nothing to help me decide how a top or jacket fits the shoulders, waist, hip. Like you said, the difference between a model wearing a Med or Large and seeing how she's built is what's helpful. Can't rely on the measurements. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

I stand just at 6'1". Height has a LOT to do with sizing, trust me.

Wow !

@SharkE  Add to that I tend to wear 3.5 -4 inch heels. : )

Dang, I'm scared of you. LOL

DH always says "why do tall women want to look even taller and wear high heels".   Now, that's him, not me. LOL Don't want to get 

on your bad side. LOL

Honored Contributor

@LoveMyBaby wrote:

I don't understand why they keep asking and reporting the height of the models over and over and (each host has been asking). How does this help if you're a size two at 5'4 or a 14 at 5'4"? Tell us what size the models are wearing, consistently. Ask them, is the item true to size, larger, smaller, etc. QVC does a terrible job assisting the customer this way. After 33 years you'd think it would be an important part of the host training. Nope. Same old guessing game. 

@LoveMyBaby 

Height alone is not useful. I find it annoying. If they mentioned a model’s height and inseam, whether she is long or shortwaisted, etc. that would be helpful. But just the height? I don’t care. 

My height can can make me a petite but my inseam says otherwise.

Honored Contributor

Height and size tells me a whole lot more than height and weight.  People often give a height and weight when discussing sizing and weight means absolutely nothing to me.  Weight depends on your body composition.  If a model is 5'2" and wears a size medium I can extrapolate from that a reasonable idea of how that outfit would look on me.

Respected Contributor

Well, we'd better start asking for shoulder width, arm length, waist and hip measurements too.  Even though I've already mentioned my height, my body frame is small:  shoulders, wrists, hips could all probably fit in some small sizes. There are no guarantees that what any model wears on TV (be she petite or tall) will fit any of us if we just generalize.  Trying on the garment is the only way to tell.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Regular Contributor

Knowing their height helps me a lot.  I've held off on buying maxi dresses when I see them barely clearing the floor on a 5'10" model (I'm only 5'4"). It also helps when I see a very short skirt on the same tall woman.  

Respected Contributor

Jane T said today she is a small person,she is short but...

Jane T said today she is a small person,she is short but not small.