Trusted Contributor

What does height have to do with sizing?

I don't understand why they keep asking and reporting the height of the models over and over and (each host has been asking). How does this help if you're a size two at 5'4 or a 14 at 5'4"? Tell us what size the models are wearing, consistently. Ask them, is the item true to size, larger, smaller, etc. QVC does a terrible job assisting the customer this way. After 33 years you'd think it would be an important part of the host training. Nope. Same old guessing game. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

Re: What does height have to do with sizing?

Length and stride.

Honored Contributor

I stand just at 6'1". Height has a LOT to do with sizing, trust me.

Honored Contributor

As I have said before does not help me at all, I know what inseam I need.

Honored Contributor

Sharing the model's height is very helpful. Since I am tall, I like to see how long a shirt is on a tall model and sleeve length (since most of QVC clothing is too short in the sleeve for me)  Seeing a model with proportions and body type the same as me, helps to make a decision on whether something will fit me. If pants are high-water on the tall models, I know not to buy them.

Honored Contributor

@LoveMyBaby -

I've always thought that the length of the model never helped much either, aside from where it falls near the knee.

Other than that, it doesn't tell you much!

If they emphasize the length, they should mention all the things you said. Now that would be helpful!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

It's important to me.  At 5'7", I'd like to know where the waistline hits, as well as bust darts, etc. on a clothing item.  We're not all just tall or short because we have long or short legs.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I stand just at 6'1". Height has a LOT to do with sizing, trust me.

Wow !

Trusted Contributor

I get people like knowing the model's height because they can see where an item will fall. I think the OP is saying the same thing I've thought in the past. Saying oh, your 5'10 and wearing a large doesn't seem helpful. The difference between buying a medium or large shirt wouldn't be because of height.

Honored Contributor

Good heavens, I can tell you aren't a petite, or you would never ask that question