Frequent Contributor

Re: What do you use for a toiletry bag when traveling?

I have one of those hanging bags, like the neon green one that lolakimono posted above.

Unfortunately, by the time I cram all my stuff in it, I can't close it! I know I pack too many toiletries, and I do try to decant them into smaller containers. Sometimes, though it's not possible to do that, or I don't have enough small containers, so I bring the full size along.

Regarding the hair dryer, yes, most hotels have them, but I find they are not the best. I get a much better style when I use my own. But of course, that's just one more thing to bring!

Have fun on your travels!

Super Contributor

Another vote here for Joy Mangano's organizers bags. Just bought them myself for travel and like them.

Valued Contributor

I use 31 cosmetic bag and travel bag.

Honored Contributor

Love the hanging bags. Keep one hanging in my vanity area. Enjoy your travels and hotel stays!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Vegetable bags from produce department

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

I travel quite a bit and stay in many different inns, you never know what they'll supply, so I always bring my own shower caps and travel size body wash & soaps .... most have hairdryers in the room, if not, ask at the check-in desk for one. I have all sorts of cosmetic bags, all sizes depending on what I need to bring for how long I'll be away, some really nice ones posted in this thread!

Super Contributor

On 7/30/2014 Desertdi said:

Vegetable bags from produce department

Me, too. And those GWP cosmetic bags from Lancôme. I have a stockpile.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks again for all responses. Many great ideas. I do like the idea of having different sizes for different lengths of travel. Also am looking into the HSN set of bags. I ordered & just received a Travelon Independence bag from E-bags. This is the 2nd Travelon bag I've gotten from them & I must say they are extremely well made. I think this one will suit my needs for our weekend staying on Mackinaw Island in September.

Valued Contributor

If I'm traveling by car where there isn't a size issue with cosmetics I use my Freedom Bag. Purchased from QVC at least 15 years ago, it was a travel staple prior to the revisions of airline regulations.

Any of you remember the freedom bag. http://freedombag.com/shop/freedom-bags/freedom-bag-original/

Maria

Honored Contributor

My original black "Freedom Bag" organizer that I bought from the Q in the mid-to-late 1990's, LOL. Love it.

It's still available on their website, plus there are other colors & variations like expandable bags, a tote, & a jewelry pouch.

Nope, I'm not affiliated with them in any way - just wanted to see if they still made 'em.

Freedom Bag Original