Esteemed Contributor

Re: What do you think you have more of: clothes, shoes (footwear) or purses, or makeup?

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@winamac1

Not just a walk-in closet, but a room-size closet!  That must be a dream come true!   

Still wanting those Antelope boots, Win, but trying to reason with myself.  We met with a realtor last week.  He said he usually has to "coach" clients with decluttering issues, but our house is so clean he felt confident he could bring prospective buyers in that same day (however, that isn't going to happen until I know where I will be living!).  Yay!  my hard work and trips and trips and trips to donation centers have paid off.  

Wishing you a great weekend too, Win!  I think it is expected to be in the 60s today!  Trying to ward off cold weather a bit longer.  

That is so awesome Magic.   I need to adopt your strategy.  I, too, hate clutter and I have some of it.  It drives me nuts.  I need to become more organized--I try to be but I fail.  I didn't know you were planning on a move.  Are you moving out of state or just to a different-sized house? 

Smiley Happy

@winamac1

We are looking at condos, Win.  I think I told you I have a sister who winters in Naples.  They live in a townhouse here and can just walk away from it for the winter.  Another sister is planning to do the same when her kids are out of college.  That lifestyle is sounding appealing to us as we plan for our future.  

We have only looked at 2 places, both in the same development.  I fell in love with one, but wasn't crazy about the common areas.  The realtors (husband and wife team) were very complimentary of our house and now I find myself looking at it in a new light, thinking it has been a good home with a great location.  It becomes an either/or situation though. Moderate renovations probably would not be worth it since we are surrounded by McMansions and we don't need to turn this house into something like that.  I am very sensitive about my "surroundings" and can feel icky just looking online at MLS listings that don't meet my sense of aesthetics.  Such a conundrum!  

I am trying to be very sensitive to realtors because I don't want to waste their time and have them become frustrated with me.  A tall order!  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What do you think you have more of: clothes, shoes (footwear) or purses, or makeup?

Shoes.... boots and purses.... way to much Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Clothes

Jewelery

Purses

Shoes

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@winamac1

Not just a walk-in closet, but a room-size closet!  That must be a dream come true!   

Still wanting those Antelope boots, Win, but trying to reason with myself.  We met with a realtor last week.  He said he usually has to "coach" clients with decluttering issues, but our house is so clean he felt confident he could bring prospective buyers in that same day (however, that isn't going to happen until I know where I will be living!).  Yay!  my hard work and trips and trips and trips to donation centers have paid off.  

Wishing you a great weekend too, Win!  I think it is expected to be in the 60s today!  Trying to ward off cold weather a bit longer.  

That is so awesome Magic.   I need to adopt your strategy.  I, too, hate clutter and I have some of it.  It drives me nuts.  I need to become more organized--I try to be but I fail.  I didn't know you were planning on a move.  Are you moving out of state or just to a different-sized house? 

Smiley Happy

@winamac1

We are looking at condos, Win.  I think I told you I have a sister who winters in Naples.  They live in a townhouse here and can just walk away from it for the winter.  Another sister is planning to do the same when her kids are out of college.  That lifestyle is sounding appealing to us as we plan for our future.  

We have only looked at 2 places, both in the same development.  I fell in love with one, but wasn't crazy about the common areas.  The realtors (husband and wife team) were very complimentary of our house and now I find myself looking at it in a new light, thinking it has been a good home with a great location.  It becomes an either/or situation though. Moderate renovations probably would not be worth it since we are surrounded by McMansions and we don't need to turn this house into something like that.  I am very sensitive about my "surroundings" and can feel icky just looking online at MLS listings that don't meet my sense of aesthetics.  Such a conundrum!  

I am trying to be very sensitive to realtors because I don't want to waste their time and have them become frustrated with me.  A tall order!  

I loved condo living Magic.  We had a condo for 2 years and also loved it. I had little storage, but I owned far fewer "things', and that is NOT a bad thing.  We have more storage at this home, and I don't need all that I have.  I, too, donate and often consign, but then I find something else new I want.  That's the problem....   We looked at ranches a few miles from our home that were new , but they were more expensive than what we have (by a lot) and had less storage and less square footage.

Anyway, good luck with your decision.  It's a big one.  It's nice you have declutterd.  I need to continue to do that.  My friends tell me I have a lot of "stuff", lol, but they think it's organized.  I don't.   

Have a great day! Smiley Happy  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Clothes.  Once upon a time, even though I had a lot of clothes, I knew everything in my inventory.  I knew in exactly which closet, which dresser drawer, which suitcase to find the item I was looking for.  Now?  I'll come across something by accident and think to myself, "Where did this come from?  I forgot I even had that."   Let's just say, I don't need anymore clothes....for the duration.  Except for underwear and socks.  Oh, and new sneakers.  Smiley

Esteemed Contributor

@Winamac

Win, thank you for your kind words.  It is a big decision.  It makes it even harder when most of our friends and family think we are making a mistake.

I remember you talking about wanting a ranch, but your husband didn't feel the same.  While we are pleased with the numbers the realtors suggested we list for, downsizing will not leave a big chunk of money to add to our retirement nest.  Condos around here are ridiculously priced.  I just want a cute little place that meets my expectations for feeling like home!  Oh and shiny new is good too!