Respected Contributor

Re: What do you think you have more of: clothes, shoes (footwear) or purses, or makeup?

1) Outerwear: coats and jackets many in leather.

2) Handbags: almost 100% leather

3) Shoes: almost 100% leather

4) Clothing. I buy less clothes staying with what looks best on my hourglass figure and focus on the rest. I have a very large collection of belts from vintage to new. I have to wear one most of the time or I tend to look big since I am 32DD and have a generous bum LOL but have a 26" waist. I also have a lot of leggings as well and dressy flowy tops that I belt. That is my classic look.

~Live with Intention~
Trusted Contributor

Re: What do you think you have more of: clothes, shoes (footwear) or purses, or makeup?

I never even thought of coats and jackets and those I have too many of.  I always buy a new coat for the winter, and I end up buying a new jacket so I have to make room in the closet.  I guess I just have too much when it comes to clothes.

Miata 1

Respected Contributor

Jewelry - my weakness  ( some things i forget i have)

Summer clothes ( OMG just put 6 full crates downstairs - just tops! )

Summer Shoes (some i am ditching. i say this each fall)

Winter clothes

Winter shoes/boots

Pocketbooks - becoming more exacting in my preferences.  i have something like 30 but only use 5 or 6. My mantra NO NO NO black hole linings! NO cheap hardware, No wierd short handles. No vinyl.

Honored Contributor

Tons of clothes

smaller amount of shoes

Smallish amount of jewelry (only fine jewelry....not even 14K, just 18K and diamonds.

Drug store makeup (maybe 6-7 pieces tops)

Exactly one bag (I hate bags)  I didn't even buy it.  A gift from my sister who is embarrased by my lack of purses.  Prior to the gift I walked around with a cloth bag with a small hole in it.

Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@fancy pantsy wrote:

in descending order:  

clothes

shoes

make-up

purses

That's me too!

I have the most in the clothing line

then shoes/boots

then makeup

then purses...but I have a lot of each item, LOL

@winamac1

Hi Win!  This is my order as well.  If I were to include jewelry it would be between shoes and makeup.  But I don't have 300 pair of shoes! Where do you keep them all?  And how do you keep track of them?  

No judging, just curious!  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

No Contest for me. It would be clothes.

I am a dress and skirt girl.

Love them!

Honored Contributor

Clothes, clothes, and more clothes!!!  No question there! 

Of course, I am a woman who loves it all!  But I definitely have a ton and a half of clothes!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@magicmoodz wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@fancy pantsy wrote:

in descending order:  

clothes

shoes

make-up

purses

That's me too!

I have the most in the clothing line

then shoes/boots

then makeup

then purses...but I have a lot of each item, LOL

@winamac1

Hi Win!  This is my order as well.  If I were to include jewelry it would be between shoes and makeup.  But I don't have 300 pair of shoes! Where do you keep them all?  And how do you keep track of them?  

No judging, just curious!  LOL

Hi Magic--you're so cute..."no judging"...heck..I JUDGE myself and realize it's ridicuous!!!   I always find a new style of boot I want and feel compelled to purchase , lol.  But, I only buy what I know I can pay for--at least that's a good thing. (wink).  Anyway, I have a small bedroom I turned into a closet many years ago and I put many of the shoes on shelves that I had a handyman do who used to work for California  Closets.  The majority of the boots go in shelving in the unfinished portion of my basement.  He put those in too.  It looks like a shoe store down there, LOL.  

I forgot, I also have too many necklaces.  I'm into those J. Crew Statement pieces and have been for the past 3 years.  I own quite a collection of those.  I do not own expensive "real" gold/diamond jewelry.  (only a very few pieces and never even wear).   So, at least the most I spend on a necklace is about $150 or so. 

Hope you are having a GREAT weekend my friend ! Smiley Happy 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1

Not just a walk-in closet, but a room-size closet!  That must be a dream come true!   

Still wanting those Antelope boots, Win, but trying to reason with myself.  We met with a realtor last week.  He said he usually has to "coach" clients with decluttering issues, but our house is so clean he felt confident he could bring prospective buyers in that same day (however, that isn't going to happen until I know where I will be living!).  Yay!  my hard work and trips and trips and trips to donation centers have paid off.  

Wishing you a great weekend too, Win!  I think it is expected to be in the 60s today!  Trying to ward off cold weather a bit longer.  

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@winamac1

Not just a walk-in closet, but a room-size closet!  That must be a dream come true!   

Still wanting those Antelope boots, Win, but trying to reason with myself.  We met with a realtor last week.  He said he usually has to "coach" clients with decluttering issues, but our house is so clean he felt confident he could bring prospective buyers in that same day (however, that isn't going to happen until I know where I will be living!).  Yay!  my hard work and trips and trips and trips to donation centers have paid off.  

Wishing you a great weekend too, Win!  I think it is expected to be in the 60s today!  Trying to ward off cold weather a bit longer.  

That is so awesome Magic.   I need to adopt your strategy.  I, too, hate clutter and I have some of it.  It drives me nuts.  I need to become more organized--I try to be but I fail.  I didn't know you were planning on a move.  Are you moving out of state or just to a different-sized house? 

Smiley Happy

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"