Trusted Contributor

Re: What do you think you have more of: clothes, shoes (footwear) or purses, or makeup?

I have alot of clothes, shoes, handbags...I do eliminate some twice a year when I switch for the summer and winter!!  If I didn't do that my husband would have to use the garage for his clothes!!Woman Wink 

I just love fashion and I thought by now I would outgrow it but I can't seem too!!   My mom and sister were the same way!!   It's just in our genes!!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think you have more of: clothes, shoes (footwear) or purses, or makeup?

[ Edited ]

@tototwo wrote:

I have one purse for summer and one purse for winter -- the same Baggallini purse in 2 different colors.  So it's not purses.

I was laughing at myself yesterday.  I have one entire drawer full of cotton turtlenecks, every color imaginable and several duplicate colors.   When all of them are clean at the same time, not all of them fit in that drawer and 3 or 4 of them have to be stored elsewhere.  I either need to find a second drawer to store them, or thin them out.  Ya think?

(I have this same problem with short-sleeved t-shirts in the summer, but that's a whole other thread!)

@tototwoMy husband is the t shirt person here. I just dug shirts out of storage under the bed. He now has a drawerful of shirts!! You should see his sock drawer! ROFLOL.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Newgate wrote:

I have alot of clothes, shoes, handbags...I do eliminate some twice a year when I switch for the summer and winter!!  If I didn't do that my husband would have to use the garage for his clothes!!Woman Wink 

I just love fashion and I thought by now I would outgrow it but I can't seem too!!   My mom and sister were the same way!!   It's just in our genes!!Woman Happy

@NewgateAre you really that well known sylist Rachel Zoe. LOL.
Trusted Contributor

Clothes, for sure, then shoes, then makeup and bags are a close third.  I just love clothes and I cannot seem to stop buying more.  Every season, I go out and buy some new things and then I do not want to wear the old ones.  I donate every season as well.  Shopping for clothes seems to be my hobby.  I cleared out my closet for the fall and winter and I added some new things with a color scheme of gray, orchid, a fall rose color and black.  I am pleased that this year I tried to match tops and bottoms up and make outfits so I bought new black suede shoes, gray shoes and a Jessica Simpson shoe that is gray patterned with black lines, really pretty.

I thought that I would change too and not buy as much but that doesn't seem to be happening so I keep trying to make more room.  But it is fun.

Miata 1

Honored Contributor

For me, the order is clothes, purses, shoes, makeup.   In the 3 years since I retired, my priorities about my "things" has changed to the point I don't want to have more than I actually need.  After years of sorting and purging this house, I am at peace with letting things go, and know I function just as well with less, as I did when this house was packed.  My goal is to completely redesign my closet with more shelves to accommodate folded clothes, and less space for hanging.  I am not into clothes, and hate spending money on things to wear.   I have tossed shoes all summer, and am down to 8 pair total, which includes boots.  More than 10 purses have gone out since the spring.  Every bit of makeup I own fits inside a small Clinique zip top bag.   I have downsized to a level that suits me, and my current needs.  I do not toss any item inherited from family, but ANYTHING I run across that I haven't used in years, forgot I had, etc., gets tossed.  No more useless stuff taking up space here.   

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

For me, the order is clothes, purses, shoes, makeup.   In the 3 years since I retired, my priorities about my "things" has changed to the point I don't want to have more than I actually need.  After years of sorting and purging this house, I am at peace with letting things go, and know I function just as well with less, as I did when this house was packed.  My goal is to completely redesign my closet with more shelves to accommodate folded clothes, and less space for hanging.  I am not into clothes, and hate spending money on things to wear.   I have tossed shoes all summer, and am down to 8 pair total, which includes boots.  More than 10 purses have gone out since the spring.  Every bit of makeup I own fits inside a small Clinique zip top bag.   I have downsized to a level that suits me, and my current needs.  I do not toss any item inherited from family, but ANYTHING I run across that I haven't used in years, forgot I had, etc., gets tossed.  No more useless stuff taking up space here.   

You, my dear, are my hero. I so want to be where you are, but can't seem to make it happen.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I have so much of everything!  I love fashion, and I love shoes/clothing/boots/coats, etc.  I have probably over 300 pairs of shoes/boots, etc.  I don't have children, and I have a job and always want the newest fashion items!!  Ugggh  I wish I was like 2 of my friends who didn't even like to shop. lol

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

in descending order:  

clothes

shoes

make-up

purses

That's me too!

I have the most in the clothing line

then shoes/boots

then makeup

then purses...but I have a lot of each item, LOL

Honored Contributor

@StylishLady wrote:

Clothes for me for sure. Mine take up my own walk-in along with the guest bedroom closet, much of it in my favorite leather. To be honest, I think I've reached my limit. Then again. 

I have 5 closets stuffed. ugggghhh  lol

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I would say my clothes outnumber my shoes.  I own three purses, lol.

I have more clothes than purses too.  I've tried to whittle my purses down and now probably own 50 or so.