Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think of this coat?

It's very classic, a take on a camel hair coat.  I love the length and the besom pockets.

I prefer 100% wool which is super warm.  You can wear a tee shirt under a wool coat in freezing weather and stay warm without looking like a snow man in a bulky quilted coat.

I do not wear any shade of warm colors like taupe, tan or brown...ever.

The sale price is great.  Wool coats are generally very expensive.  You could wear this coat for years.  It never goes out of style.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@rockygems123.  Last Monday we had a 90% chance of rain but got nary a drop.  Has cooled off a little but afternoons are still in low to mid 80s.  Nights are in 40s though.

By the way, the price on that coat was excellent.  Wool garments are very expensive.

@Kachina624   Well that stinks hoping you had some precipitation and our monsoons came your way.  Cooler nights are fantastic - same here in the 40's.

Yes wool is so expensive and thought the coat price was excellent.  Final price 171.  While considering my options and then finally deciding to order that extra $50 came off the total, that was fun.

With their discounts cashmere long sleeve v-neck sweaters came down to 82, great deal for their quality and fabric.  I thought these driving shoes were pretty too and well priced $72. 

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

It's very classic, a take on a camel hair coat.  I love the length and the besom pockets.

I prefer 100% wool which is super warm.  You can wear a tee shirt under a wool coat in freezing weather and stay warm without looking like a snow man in a bulky quilted coat.

I do not wear any shade of warm colors like taupe, tan or brown...ever.

The sale price is great.  Wool coats are generally very expensive.  You could wear this coat for years.  It never goes out of style.

@Carmie So true, no need to wear bulky tops under this coat.  Last couple weeks I purchased some nice thinner Merino square neck sweaters and a few cashmere when it gets really cold here in Denver.  

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123   I have a full length 100% wool coat in black.  It keeps me really warm.

Funny story.  My husband was helping a family member who is a funeral director.  He wears a black suit and a black overcoat in cold weather.

On one very cold winter day, the service at the cemetary was pretty long, so my husband grabbed the overcoat he brought with him from the funeral car.

When he put it on, the sleeves were too short...half way up his arms.  He got confused until he put his hands in the pockets.  There was a funeral card from my aunt's service a few weeks earlier. He figured out he grabbed my coat instead of his.

I asked him if he took it off.  He said no way.  He was freezing and that was the warmest coat he ever had on.  So, I bet he looked real " cute" with his suit jacket sticking out of the short sleeves.

He double checks before he grabs his overcoat now. His overcoat is wool/nylon, not 100% wool.

Respected Contributor

A beautiful classic!  Just my style!  That would look great in any color too!

Honored Contributor

Coats like this many many years ago were made of cashmere or camel hair. They were then considered to be pretty exvlusive and gorgeous, very special to own. My MIL had one, camel's hair. I had it for some time after she passed on but I soon understood why she wore a scarf around her neck under the collar area - it was itchy. I later gave it away.

Now, this coat on sale, what's it made of? How does it feel on? Those would be my questions for this price.

Trusted Contributor

I love the coat.  I have one that looks so much like this one except it is 100% wool.  I also have two long dress coats that are also all wool.  You cannot beat a wool coat for the warmth it provides; nothing comes close.

Trusted Contributor

Wow that is a great final price for the coat.  I know when I bought the 3 all wool coats I have it was more than what you paid.  You did great!

Esteemed Contributor

@Franklinbell - the clothes are so rich and colorful too in the catalog.  I don't need any more coats but boy are they tempting.  Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

@rockygems123 - I want those driving shoes in that color!   Going to look now!