Respected Contributor

What do you think of this Jacket for me @lolakimono ?

@lolakimono  I'm thinking about buying this Tommy winter jacket. It's bright red, a color I don't ever have in my wardrobe. I was thinking of accessorizing with a knit navy cap and gloves. The other idea I had was the IM reversible jacket (to faux fur) in navy #367696 and accessorizing with red knit Tommy gloves and hat. The latter is more conservative. I like the snaps plus zipper on the TH. I also can't decide which one is less trendy that I'd get longer wear out of. Any thoughts on this, Lola, are appreciated.

image.png

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What do you think of this Jacket for me @lolakimono ?

I like it even though I don't ever need a jacket where I live. I wish I had a need for it. 

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily 

I was thinking that you lived out West, somewhere warmer where you wouldn't need a coat that heavy?

I like the TH coat better.  The stitching on the IM one looks cheap (IMO) and you can see the tufts of faux sherpa hanging off when it is with the quilted side out.  For some reason the stitching reminds me of a housecoat. 

What about a fun print like these RL gloves?

Novelty 3-Button Gloves

Respected Contributor

Of course I love the RL gloves! Although we only have a month or 2 when it's "cold" and very windy, I've been trying to plan my closet for my move north where I'd get more wear. I love fall and winter clothes.

Trusted Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

@lolakimono  I'm thinking about buying this Tommy winter jacket. It's bright red, a color I don't ever have in my wardrobe. I was thinking of accessorizing with a knit navy cap and gloves. The other idea I had was the IM reversible jacket (to faux fur) in navy #367696 and accessorizing with red knit Tommy gloves and hat. The latter is more conservative. I like the snaps plus zipper on the TH. I also can't decide which one is less trendy that I'd get longer wear out of. Any thoughts on this, Lola, are appreciated.

image.png

@lolakimono   Love the Tommy winter jacket.  I don't think it is trendy at all and the color is great!   I personally don't care for the IM with the Sherpa....too much shedding.  The Tommy jacket is a nice length as well. 

Trusted Contributor

Definitely the Tommy.  The IM looks cheap.

Honored Contributor

Love the color!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily I bought a Guess red puffer coat this year at Marshalls. I love wearing it, it lifts my spirits a bit and for some reason people give me compliments on it. I've never before received compliments on puffer coats, so it has to be the color.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desert Lily  I bought this from Macy's.com. It is super cute. I have been looking for a red coat forever. I bought the SG TSV in November. It wasn't as cute as this Tommy, however the fit was a little better. But, I kept the Tommy.  And, having both the zipper and the snaps is a must for me.

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Trusted Contributor

@Desert Lily,

I would go for both Lola´s gloves are a must for your TH jacket🌻