Respected Contributor

Re: What do you think of this Big Deal dress A588123

Do not care for the tiers. I think the model from the back looks terrible. I think you have to be tall, and straight up and down to wear it.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like tiered dresses and skirts, to me, or I should say on me, they look frumpy.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

This dress was a TSV a few years ago.  I have it in solid black.  Based on the chest measurements, I did go down a size. The fabric is not scratchy and it doesn't look overly full. 

I'm surprised they didn't offer it in one or two solid colors this time. I would have liked it in a solid navy or olive color.  

Trusted Contributor

No thanks, looks like a house dress to me.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

I think it is made on the cheap.  The quality is awful.  The checked one looks really bad.  If the the patterns can't be matched up due to the cost, they should stick with solids.

168D99DE-1E3F-4B77-974E-50DABA44C62C.jpeg

How can you tell by looking at a picture it is 'made on the cheap' and that the 'quality is awful?'

Are there reviews saying this? I couldn't find any!!

I think it is a cute, run around, relax outside, comfy summer dress!

I never buy dresses with belts attached....if it doesn't hit YOUR waist perfectly...it would ruin the fit.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fairydogmother   At first glance I liked the blue - but I don't like tiers on my clothes - just to much fabric.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife  I sew.  One of the first things I learned is to match up patterns at the seams. In order to do this, you need more fabric and some of it is wasted.  It is expensive, but better quality.

Now, if you have a style where it is impossible to match the patterns on the seams, you would use a solid fabric or a patterned fabric with a small print.

The dress in question was made using the wrong fabric.  When I look at the garment, the seams look awful.  I'm thinking they used whatever fabric they had on hand to get rid of it.  The sewing might be perfect, but it is low quality because the patterned  material is just wrong for this style.

I would never buy or wear anything that looks cheap.  Many D&C items look cheap.

I noticed that Kim Gravel matches her seams.  She also started out by sewing her own clothing.

Look at the side seams of this dress.  Perfect and just about the same price as the tiered one.  Don't waste your money buying inferior clothing.

A6323725-BFAF-435C-94B0-58E2E9772B5C.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I would cinch it in at the waist with a belt. The way it comes is suppose to be over-sized so it looks big all over, especially around the waist.

They should have made it with a separate self-tie belt.

The dress looks like it has a high waist.  I know I would not be able to wear a belt up that high on my body and have it stay put.

Wearing a belt two inches below a seam might not be a good look.  I agree that a self tie  belt with carriers to hold it it place might be a good idea.

Respected Contributor

It's something I would put on when it's too hot out to have anything touching me.  A belt would defeat that purpose.  

Respected Contributor

I agree with @RespectLife . I think it's cute. Tiered dresses have been a strong style for the last couple years. I like the style, the patterns, & the fabric content. I'd wear it with sandals or sneakers.