Occasional Contributor

Re: What do you think of the Susan Graver vest TSV for Thursday?

That way SG can say they are "under $50".  Not to mention "Made in the USA"---of imported fiber!   

Frequent Contributor

I'm not a fan of prominent goldtone hardware plus the fabric looks rather shiny to me, which makes it less versatile. Easy pass for me.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I'm just not a vest person.  I've tried.  LOL  I like the look but really don't see a need for them.  I have a couple and they rarely if ever get worn.

If it's that cold that I need something, I generally need a full jacket/coat.   

I'd never wear a vest for warmth. For me, it is fashion. A change from wearing a lightweight cardigan.

Respected Contributor

It's after 7pm eastern and it looks like all sizes are available in all colors. I think they were over optimistic on this one. The vest is not a wow and at $49 plus tax and shipping it's not a value. It's a pass for me.

Respected Contributor

It has been on all day and they are really pushing it so it must be selling. Heart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Frequent Contributor

I don't know if you have a Marshall's near you but I was in their store today and did see a quilted sweater vest with a hood.  It was $29.99. Very cute.  It looked nice on but the hood didn't work for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pommom wrote:

I've noticed SG's clothes get hung up on a $49 price tag.

The consumer is paying for her good lifestyle by being over charged for goods. Similar vest you can buy at Walmart for $20.

Honored Contributor

One thing I know for sure, SG's items are cut to figure-flatter.  Not one was 'way too tight' on any of the models and hosts (that I've seen so far). 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Contributor

This vest is so overpriced. It has been done a hundred times as many have said. By the time you add in shipping and tax it is almost $60.00. I can find a "million" vests for half this price. I saw very nice vests at major department stores for $15.00-$20.00. I am currently watching the Rose of Tralee show with Albany on QVC Plus and I am disappointed in how high the prices are on it too. No way, not happening. 

Trusted Contributor

I was between appts today so did a quick trip into TJMaxx.  Beautiful sweaters and vests.  The college girls were grabbing heavy items with designer names.  I don't care if it has a big name.  I just have to like it.   Lots of fall and winter at good prices.   The fall and Halloween decorations are beautiful.  I need to take time tomorrow PM and go back.  Don't need but oh did I see some wants.  If they are still there it will mean I am supposed to buy them..  Lots similar to VPH but cheaper and no shipping.