Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think of the Susan Graver vest TSV for Thursday?

I bought a vest from Burlington last year that looks identical to the TSV, in black (much, much less expensive).  It's my one & only vest.  I've worn it twice and quite frankly I will probably donate it this year.  I'm just not into vests but I thought I'd give them a try.  I tend to over-think what type of long sleeve top to wear underneath so that the sleeves properly coordinate with the vest.  See... I shouldn't be wearing one.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like it, and wish it had a removable hood (for those who don't like hoods).  I've had the worst time in the past several years trying to find a hooded vest, removable or not.   If anyone runs across hooded vests in their b&m stores, please let me know.  Don't go out of your way; just if you happen to run across one...........  EDITED TO SAY:  I love this vest!  It's a sweater-vest and easier to wear than all-over puffer-types of vests.  This TSV looks fabulous on all of the models and hosts.  Zips up nicely.  Very, very nice, imo.   Love all of the colors.  Love it with the turtleneck option.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Google hooded vests and tons come up

Honored Contributor

Last year, I believe it was D & Co, there was a quilted vest/faux fur collar TSV.

Looked terrific on the hanger but was a real failure on most every host and half of the models!

Quilting is tricky in of itself and then there's the length to consider....

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

Last year, I believe it was D & Co, there was a quilted vest/faux fur collar TSV.

Looked terrific on the hanger but was a real failure on most every host and half of the models!

I have that vest and I've never worn it.  I actually bought it from as-is.  That vest is cute but once again, I really don't know where to wear it. 

My problem also with vests is my shape.  Most of them end up snug through my hips and then if I order up a size to accomodate them, the top part is way too big.

Trusted Contributor

Some vests are cute!  I don't buy them anymore because the couple that I owned way back I never wore!  When it is chilly outside I usually grab a full jacket!  A vest never was warm enough for me!  I see them as more decorative like jewelry!  This SG vest looks like a nice one!!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

I have that vest and I've never worn it.  I actually bought it from as-is.  That vest is cute but once again, I really don't know where to wear it. 

My problem also with vests is my shape.  Most of them end up snug through my hips and then if I order up a size to accomodate them, the top part is way too big.

@Lipstickdiva

I hear you! I bought this a while back, very cute, but never sure how to wear or what with.

Conversely the duster length I have no problems with!

724-323- One World Woven Sleeveless Drawstring Waist Zip Front Vest

Honored Contributor

I don't wear too many vests, but I do own some.  I own 3 Lululemon ones and a few from Adrienne Landau.  I won't buy anymore.  I wear them more as fashion pieces as they aren't that functional!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Not my look at all.  Pass!

ditto!

One could find this look at Kohls (Sonoma brand) for less than 1/2 the price.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

You can wear it pumpkin picken'!

LOL