Contributor

Re: What do you think of new shipping rate policy?

I just ordered 2 of the same item first item S/H $3 and the second one was $1.50 S/H I am glad to see shipping reduced....

They have increased product pricing on most items, they arent losing anything and we really are paying just about the same price in the end, it just looks better when you see reduced shipping....

I ordered something a few weeks ago, wasnt sure it would work for me. The day it arrived I liked it and wanted to order a few more and the price had jumped $4 ....

Esteemed Contributor

I'm happy, they finally listened!Smile

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

Not refunding original s/h makes it less likely that I will take a chance and try something new. I think it will reduce the number of my purchases.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/2/2015 chrystaltree said:
On 2/2/2015 milly said:

We've all been complaining about the shipping for years. They change it and still complaining. If you send something back to Amazon which I love you pay the shipping unless a defect. There is no way QVC would offer free shipping both ways. They'd have people order one in every color and every size and return 90% of what they ordered. And then they'd tack it on to the their already high prices.

.....trust me, now the whiners will start moaning and groaning because shipping isn't free......lol. Nothing pleases them.

Ita!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

There are just too many places that have free shipping (and in some cases, free returns) for me to bother shopping with QVC. Except for one vendor (LDO), I can find everything I need at other online sites and B&M stores that refund original shipping costs, if any.

Honored Contributor

On 2/2/2015 SoX said:

There are just too many places that have free shipping (and in some cases, free returns) for me to bother shopping with QVC. Except for one vendor (LDO), I can find everything I need at other online sites and B&M stores that refund original shipping costs, if any.

Me too SoX, same vendor.

"To each their own, in all things".
Super Contributor

I had already cut my buying to at least half ... I can see where this will cut my buying even more ... their loss, not mine ...

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Esteemed Contributor

I buy more home items than anything. I can see where paying $5 for a single home item (most of these things are too heavy for the $3 rate) will be beneficial over having to pay $6.97, $7.97 or whatever the cost was initially. This could be an advantage.

On the other hand, if I wanted to buy multiples (say a wreath and matching garland) at the same time, I see no benefit at all.

Then factor in the potential of having to eat the cost both ways to return something just because I'm not thrilled with it, and I see this new policy as more beneficial to QVC and less to the customer.

Esteemed Contributor

With the little I buy form QVC now this works fine for me.

Trusted Contributor

Nothing beats Amazon prime, Nordstrom or Zappos. They ship free, and free returns. I know when I see something on qvc, I always check first if I can get it somewhere else cheaper, sometimes I do. I think qvc should have a charge where if you buy anything in a 24 hour period, they charge just on fee, zulily does that.