Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think of new shipping rate policy?

I am happy with the reduced S&H , of courser but very bummed about the no refund on the original S&H. Oh well, I guess we just have to be more careful before buying.

Honored Contributor

Looking back on what I ordered last year and returned, it's a good deal for me.

I am super careful about what I order. I only returned a couple things.

Respected Contributor

I don't see how this benefits unless you know what you are buying in not going back . This would definitely stop me from trying something new. That is why I only order from Shop HQ when shipping is free so I only have to pay return one way. Especially apparel when all the sizing is off. You can order two pair of pants in same size and same color and they will fit differently and be different length. This is good really because it will stop me from trying anything new and spending money. I bought something for 19.99 off the Q and saw it elsewhere for 14.99.

Honored Contributor

I guess it is at least recognizes that shipping is an issue, I wonder if it has affected sales?

However they could still address doing some type of buy over a certain amount and the rest ships free on a beauty or fashion day.

Change is coming??

Valued Contributor

It will be a good deal for me. Very careful what I order. I'd say 50% of what I've returned in the last year was defective. Now everyone will claim something wrong with the item they return. And in many cases you can find something wrong. Most companies do not refund your original shipping and handling. I like the new policy as many times I won't order because of the high shipping. At least they are attempting changes. For those who order multiple sizes or order on a whim I can see where it's not a good policy.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/2/2015 Favorite Son said:

I totally agree with you, gardens. They are behind the times and just keep falling further back. Prices continue to escalate here for electronics, apparel, and beauty products that are not unique. With few exceptions, what QVC sells can be found elsewhere and at a lower cost - sometimes at brick and mortar, sometimes at a big box electronic retailer like Amazon or Overstock, and sometimes at another shopping channel. The brand might be different, but the products are basically the same.

The new shipping policy is a classic Trojan Horse.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Valued Contributor

We've all been complaining about the shipping for years. They change it and still complaining. If you send something back to Amazon which I love you pay the shipping unless a defect. There is no way QVC would offer free shipping both ways. They'd have people order one in every color and every size and return 90% of what they ordered. And then they'd tack it on to the their already high prices.

Frequent Contributor

I was checking some of the Wen and philosophy items; the 32oz size of Wen cleansing conditioners still showed $7.72 shipping, and the 32oz size of Purity Made Simple was also the original price(senior moment, forgot the amount), not $3.00 as it stated for all beauty items. Smaller sizes and kits were at $3.00, but I was especially looking at that larger sizes of Purity and Wen

Super Contributor

Personally I LOVE it. I've been saying for years they should lower the shipping costs and get rid of refunding the original S&H for returns. I can count on my one hand the number of times I've had to return something over the years. Yes, this will hurt the serial returners, but they are the biggest reason for the Q's increasingly high shipping costs and prices. While I will continue to comparison shop and I agree that much of their clothing is generic and over priced, I am happy that they finally did what I've been saying for a long time. If it discourages the chronic returners, then great. It's a win-win for them. Less used product that must get trashed.

I was beyond tired of having to pay exorbitant shipping costs to cover those items returned by the serial returner crowd.

Honored Contributor

On 2/2/2015 sunshine45 said:
On 2/2/2015 Kachina624 said: It's just a temporary promotion so don't fall in love with it.

it doesnt sound temporary......

Every day we’re working hard to deliver more value to you—as we always have. Today is no exception. We’re excited to offer new S&H rates on most items where we charge shipping & handling for standard delivery, starting February 2, 2015.

• All apparel, beauty, and jewelry ships at $3, regardless of price or weight.
  • Most items under $50 and less than 1 lb. ship at $3.
  • Most other items under $100 and 1 lb. or more ship at $5 or $7.
  • Items $100 or more ship at existing S&H rates; however, many of these include S&H or offer free S&H.

As part of this change, we will no longer discount S&H when you buy two or more items in the same order, but our new S&H rates will benefit you in many cases.

In addition, we will continue to refund original S&H on returns if an item is defective or we made an error; however, effective with orders placed on or after February 17, 2015, if you return the item for any other reason, we will no longer refund the original S&H.

We sincerely thank you for shopping with us, and hope this makes your shopping experience at QVC even better.

Sincerely,
Lisa Norden
VP, Customer Service and Experience

I see this as a double edged sword, everyone needs to be VERY sure you really want or need the items you are ordering. I recently ordered several clothing items, so I am glad at least, that I have till Feb. 17 to get any returns in before the no refund on original S&H fee goes into effect. I think they will see a drop in orders for awhile till everyone understands this new policy. On the face value it sounds good, but I foresee a lot of unhappy posts on this board when this hits home for lots of folks.

"To each their own, in all things".