Valued Contributor

Re: What do you think of new shipping rate policy?

It's bad that I won't get my original shipping back, but I don't have to use their label of $6.95 or $8.95 to return the item back. I have in the past checked at the post office to see whether it is less if I sent it thru the post office. Of course it depends on the size/weight of the items and it always gets there faster.

Esteemed Contributor

I think the new policy will impact my ordering. I've found sizing to be very inconsistent with clothing items, and I don't think I'll take the risk if I'm in doubt about which size to order (which is quite often).
Esteemed Contributor

Wow! I just saw that the shipping on the Bliss Hammock's recliner is $7. It was around $20 at one time. I remember that shipping rate was the reason I never considered ordering it.
Honored Contributor

wildcat fan, I Totally agree with you. That's exactly what I posted earlier. I have only sent back a few things because I didn't like them.

I have sent back so many things I couldn't begin to even guess because they don't fit. It's almost always XL. Now XL doesn't mean much in QVC world.....

This is the reason I never order clothes from HSN is because their clothing measurements are terrible.

I have already decided to STOP ordering (taking a chance on items).

Respected Contributor

Great they can ship me a ring for $3.00, but it cost me $6.95 to ship it back for an exchange if I need a different size.......

Respected Contributor

You are not really getting an "exchange," you are purchasing another garment and paying the original S&H and return for the item that doesn't fit.

I'm out of here. The fun is gone; this has become a chore!

Esteemed Contributor

Items like shoes, handbags are more than three dollars. A to retailer should expect returns on clothes, shoes, fragrance, handbags, etc. I'm not being punished b/c the Q's sizes are all different in clothes and in shoe brands. Shoes might be 6.95 to ship and 6.95 to return. This is just a way to increase their monies. I'm a big buyer, but I haven't bought a thing since the big news. I don't care to be manipulated in this manner: offering a good deal, while it's a good deal for the company!

Valued Contributor

On 2/8/2015 hulagirl said:

Great they can ship me a ring for $3.00, but it cost me $6.95 to ship it back for an exchange if I need a different size.......

You probably could ship a ring back for less than $3 depending on where you live.

You don't have to use QVC 's label to ship back.

I have mailed back many items for less than what QVC charges, I live in S.C

Valued Contributor

I just purchased a top during hsn sale. It was $14.99 with $1.99 shipping. If I return it the shipping is given back in spendable cash. If I returned at QVC it would be $3 shipping $6.95 return. I'd almost be paying them.

I don't normally complain...but yesterday rec'd 3 smaller kitchen items (all the same thing), individually boxed and then al reboxed into 1 larger box (that was half empty) and my total charges were $15.00.

Seems quite unreasonable.....