Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think of new shipping rate policy?

On 2/6/2015 SHOPR said:
On 2/5/2015 crdlb said:

What has always puzzled me was if I ordered three of the same item in three colors and for some reason one of them has to go back, it's a craps shoot how much money you get refunded--if the color you didn't like wasn't the first put in your cart, you get the lower amount, but if it was the first, you get the full amount.

Also, if for some reason you decide to cancel one of the colors before it ships, you still have the same craps shoot. It seems the best thing to do is to put one in your cart and then then two more and cancel the first no matter what. Then all of the items that ship are half price. It's the most absurd system I've ever seen.

I have noticed what you mentioned about not knowing how much of the original s&h you will get back when returning one item from a multiple order. It's so true. The last time I was in this situation, I actually received precisely 1/3 of the total original s&h I had paid for the original 3 items, when I returned the one that was damaged. I thought, now that's the fair way to be doing it.

As for the cancelling of the first cart item after placing the order, that's brilliant, even though it won't matter anymore, due to this new no discount policy.

It's irrelevant now, but under the old shipping if you had three items in the cart and two were at the lower shipping and you cancelled the item with the full shipping, the full shipping cost went to the next most expensive shipping and then you got half off the shipping of the other (1) item.

Occasional Contributor

Since the change in S&H, I’ve noticed that just below the item description & price box there is a box saying “Love it or return it in 30 days.” I don’t remember seeing that so much before the new shipping policy but now I see it constantly.

I’ve read on these forums that many people think the new policy is to deter all the returns the Q gets. If that were the case, why the sudden and constant display of the ‘love it or return it” box. Not only do I see that box but I hear the QVC hosts saying love it or return it more than before. I’m wondering if the Q may actually be encouraging returns because they will be able to make money off of them. Most people who do return products return them in good condition (yes, there are some abusers but I think they are in the minority). So, now, if someone returns an item, the Q doesn’t have to return initial S&H, they make money off the return shipping and they also get the product back! So now they can turn around and resell it but this time as an “as is” item on their website. Kind of like double-dipping. When they had to return the initial S&H selling an ‘as is’ item wasn’t as profitable.

So now, the customer takes all the risk and pays the price if it doesn’t work out – the customer is out more money as well as the product. As for the Q—they have taken no risk, they make even more money off the customer because of the new S&H, they get the product back and can resell it.

Just wondering….{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Trusted Contributor

On 2/7/2015 A QVC shopper said:

Since the change in S&H, I’ve noticed that just below the item description & price box there is a box saying “Love it or return it in 30 days.” I don’t remember seeing that so much before the new shipping policy but now I see it constantly.

I’ve read on these forums that many people think the new policy is to deter all the returns the Q gets. If that were the case, why the sudden and constant display of the ‘love it or return it” box. Not only do I see that box but I hear the QVC hosts saying love it or return it more than before. I’m wondering if the Q may actually be encouraging returns because they will be able to make money off of them. Most people who do return products return them in good condition (yes, there are some abusers but I think they are in the minority). So, now, if someone returns an item, the Q doesn’t have to return initial S&H, they make money off the return shipping and they also get the product back! So now they can turn around and resell it but this time as an “as is” item on their website. Kind of like double-dipping. When they had to return the initial S&H selling an ‘as is’ item wasn’t as profitable.

So now, the customer takes all the risk and pays the price if it doesn’t work out – the customer is out more money as well as the product. As for the Q—they have taken no risk, they make even more money off the customer because of the new S&H, they get the product back and can resell it.

Oh, they're not going to ship it as. They are going to repackage and send out as new. You can tell by the label on the poly bag that it's a return.

Respected Contributor

crd: how can you tell on the label that it's a return?

I don't think people realize that there is no more even exchange after Feb.17. You will be returning one item and then really buying the different size or color. That is a major increase in revenue for the Q.

Honored Contributor

On 2/5/2015 crdlb said:
On 2/5/2015 Mustangshar said: The only way to satisfy everyone is free shipping and free returns. I don't see that happening because Q isn't Nordstroms or Neimans.

No, they're bigger than those companies, so they could definitely better afford it.

Q could afford it.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

Also, not all products will be $3.00. You might buy shoes or handbag, for instance, with a 7.95 S&H. So, if you return, you will pay the original S&H and the $6.95 return label. Funny, how a company can give you a big deal, while making more money on the big deal. I think the $3. is good for those who buy little and return little. Lucky those who everything fits and never return. Too bad for those who buy items from different brands and different sizes and fit. I'm willing to pay the Return of $6.95. But I'm not paying $l5.

Honored Contributor

On 2/7/2015 taja123 said:

Also, not all products will be $3.00. You might buy shoes or handbag, for instance, with a 7.95 S&H. So, if you return, you will pay the original S&H and the $6.95 return label. Funny, how a company can give you a big deal, while making more money on the big deal. I think the $3. is good for those who buy little and return little. Lucky those who everything fits and never return. Too bad for those who buy items from different brands and different sizes and fit. I'm willing to pay the Return of $6.95. But I'm not paying $l5.

ITA

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

On 2/7/2015 lavendar said:

crd: how can you tell on the label that it's a return?

I don't think people realize that there is no more even exchange after Feb.17. You will be returning one item and then really buying the different size or color. That is a major increase in revenue for the Q.

On new items, the label is rectangular has the bar code and the item name, color and size. On returns, the label is closer to being square, is larger, has much more info, has a "faded" look for the printing, and it actually says RTN or something to that effect on it. If you get one, you'll know it. I personally don't mind getting a Linea return. Better than not getting any at all.

Occasional Contributor

I don't return much but I will think long and hard before buying anything from now on. As a matter of fact this new policy has already made me not even consider buying yesterday's TSV. The sizing at QVC is not consistent. Clothing and shoes are very difficult to buy and get it right the first time. Even within the same brand. Good example is Ryka shoes! You could buy the same size in three different styles and two will not fit correctly. I won't mind going back to shopping at the mall or on-line elsewhere. For instance, I can buy on-line from Easy Spirit and if the shoes don't fit properly I can return them to a store not far from my home. In the long run it will be easier for me and less expensive.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/7/2015 A QVC shopper said:

Just a perfect way of saying it.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat