Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think of new shipping rate policy?

crdib, that's an easy answer. It's because QVC buys from different countries (just like Costco does). That's why some sizes are larger than the same size.

That's also why you can order something and love it and order it later in another color and when you get it, it's too small or large (same size, different color).

QVC's sizing is a joke. Lately I've been going through my closets on past years clothes (some still have tickets on them, all from QVC).

It's amazing how beautiful and different the clothes used to look. They weren't all Denim and Co and actually had a lot of style. They were many different labels.

I used to be able to order a size 2X (what I used to be) and know that it definitely was going to fit (no matter the style).

Now it is a @#$% whether it will fit (most likely it won't). I wear a size XL but it doesn't matter. It seems like it depends on which way the wind blows on whether or not it will fit.

Honored Contributor

Some people have found examples of items witih higher prices to offset the lower S&H.

QVC has eliminated the "save half on the second, third, etc. item in the same order."

As of Feb. 17, QVC will make customers pay for the initial S&H along with the USUAL QVC return labels of $6.95, $8.95 and $10.95 depending on the weight/size for returns (unless the item is defective or there is a QVC error).

All of this = more revenue for QVC and more money spent from the QVC customer.

QVC: Is there any chance you would modify your plan? Since some of the prices have already been raised, what about going back to refunding the original S&H with all returns? What about bringing back the "save half on the second, third, etc. item in the same order"? Some modifications? Thank you, QVC, for the consideration

Respected Contributor

The only way to satisfy everyone is free shipping and free returns. I don't see that happening because Q isn't Nordstroms or Neimans.
Trusted Contributor

On 2/5/2015 Mustangshar said: The only way to satisfy everyone is free shipping and free returns. I don't see that happening because Q isn't Nordstroms or Neimans.

No, they're bigger than those companies, so they could definitely better afford it.

Respected Contributor

this is the reason I don't order from ShopHQ since they have always had this policy as long as they have been on air even when Value Vision.

I hope HSN doesn't start this policy. I do think over time this is going to hurt QVC.

And for handbags, I prefer they show more on the inside of the bag instead of keep going on and on about the colors and small details on the outside of the bag and don't get to the inside or how many pockets they have on the inside. This is the only reason I have sent bags back, not enough organization on the inside or they didn't open the bag enough to show how large the opening really is.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/5/2015 crdlb said:

What has always puzzled me was if I ordered three of the same item in three colors and for some reason one of them has to go back, it's a craps shoot how much money you get refunded--if the color you didn't like wasn't the first put in your cart, you get the lower amount, but if it was the first, you get the full amount.

Also, if for some reason you decide to cancel one of the colors before it ships, you still have the same craps shoot. It seems the best thing to do is to put one in your cart and then then two more and cancel the first no matter what. Then all of the items that ship are half price. It's the most absurd system I've ever seen.

I have noticed what you mentioned about not knowing how much of the original s&h you will get back when returning one item from a multiple order. It's so true. The last time I was in this situation, I actually received precisely 1/3 of the total original s&h I had paid for the original 3 items, when I returned the one that was damaged. I thought, now that's the fair way to be doing it.

As for the cancelling of the first cart item after placing the order, that's brilliant, even though it won't matter anymore, due to this new no discount policy.

Honored Contributor

On 2/6/2015 SHOPR said:
On 2/5/2015 crdlb said:

What has always puzzled me was if I ordered three of the same item in three colors and for some reason one of them has to go back, it's a craps shoot how much money you get refunded--if the color you didn't like wasn't the first put in your cart, you get the lower amount, but if it was the first, you get the full amount.

Also, if for some reason you decide to cancel one of the colors before it ships, you still have the same craps shoot. It seems the best thing to do is to put one in your cart and then then two more and cancel the first no matter what. Then all of the items that ship are half price. It's the most absurd system I've ever seen.

I have noticed what you mentioned about not knowing how much of the original s&h you will get back when returning one item from a multiple order. It's so true. The last time I was in this situation, I actually received precisely 1/3 of the total original s&h I had paid for the original 3 items, when I returned the one that was damaged. I thought, now that's the fair way to be doing it.

As for the cancelling of the first cart item after placing the order, that's brilliant, even though it won't matter anymore, due to this new no discount policy.

No...they track cancellations. I got a letter like 5 years ago for canceling orders. I had put items on waitlist and then canceled. Occasionally I put items on check status and then canceled. I got their "reprimanding" letter telling me to stop doing it. LOL I just love how QVC reprimands their customers. But, I guess it works. I rarely cancel items anymore so I obviously heeded their warning which bugs me that I did.Wink

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I love the lower shipping prices. The problem is QVC raised prices on most items to make up for it.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

Too little, too late, IMO. Their pricing policies, in general, are terrible. There are items for sale from "designers" who left the Q a few years ago, and the items are still full price! I've been watching (wish listed) a few items from last spring that I wanted to buy, and they are still full price. What other retailer is selling last spring's merchandise for full price? What other retailer is offering last spring's merchandise, for that matter.

I guess sales are so great, they don't have to offer the incentives (coupon codes, etc.) that every other retailer does. And don't get me started on easy pay, the biggest scam of all!

Esteemed Contributor

The Q's new S&H policy looks like a price hike to me. How can you be a big seller of shoes, clothes and even fragrance and not expect many returns. It looks to me like the Q wants their cake and eat it too.