Regular Contributor

Re: What do you think of new shipping rate policy?

On 2/5/2015 GinaV24 said:
On 2/4/2015 Silverandgold said:

Count me among those who think it's a good thing. It discourages the people who impulse buy & then have buyer's remorse & return everything, or buy jewelry or clothes for a special event, then return it all when it's over. That's not right, so with the changed shipping policy, it will cost them. I'd rather not pay higher shipping for their unethical behavior. If something truly is defective, then you will be reimbursed. I don't see this new policy as a bad thing.

I only return things that don't fit and the clothes sizing issues has gotten worse in the past few years IMO. I know my shoe size and I used to be able to buy Ryka shoes w/o any problems, but not any more. I've had to exchange them to try and get the right size because I happen to like the shoe. However at this point, I just won't order them because I'm not going to have to pay to return a poor fit.

The same goes with other clothes. I have re-ordered items in IM's line as well as others in the same size as I am wearing and have had them not fit. Since I'm still wearing the clothes, I know it isn't because I've changed sizes.

IMO, my best option is to simply not buy clothes or shoes from QVC. I'll shop at other retailers where I can either try on the item or if I shop online with ones who have free shipping & returns.

maybe there are people out there who do what you describe in your post, but I'll bet they are in the minority.

It is up to QVC to have standard fits and make sure that the vendors and manufacturer's are meeting that standard. They pat themselves on the back all the time about the high quality standards that vendors have to meet, well, for the most part, I don't see it any longer. I'll buy elsewhere.

Great post - thank you. I envy these people who hardly return anything. I will admit once or twice a year I do make an impulse purchase and return it but most of my returns are because of sizing. The clothes I have fit but sometimes when I order that item a month or even a year later the new one does not fit. This will certainly make me think more than twice about ordering and will hopefully get my spending under control.

Occasional Contributor

New S&H Policy pretty much eliminates the ""Choice of Shipping Carrier"" option... People are upset about delays in shipping that is why I have always used USPS Priority Mail for faster delivery that you can pretty much count on. This new S&H policy hurts customers like me who have always chosen a specific shipping carrier. For more years than I can remember I have always chosen USPS Priority Mail for the faster delivery and other convenience reasons. Now they will be charging me anywhere from $7.22 and up for ""each"" item I order since they have eliminated the ""buy one get all others for 1/2 price shipping in a single order"". If I order 3 different colors of the same pair of pants or top it will now cost me $21.66 or more for S&H. Five colors would be $36.00 or more for S&H now. I don't think so. I just started an order for 6 items in a multi item order using Priority mail and S&H came to $50.82. This certainly is no reduction for me. It is unbelievable! Now they have pretty much eliminated the ""Choice of Shipping Carrier"" option too. I would have to be a very wealthy person to be able to afford that much in just S&H or be just plain crazy to pay it!
Honored Contributor

I preferred US Priority mail because of usual Saturday delivery unlike UPS where stuff ends up sitting in their hub for the weekend. I will probably scale back shopping from here as well.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

I don't hardly return anything at all, so I love the idea of lower S/H!

Esteemed Contributor

Count me among those who think it's a good thing. It discourages the people who impulse buy & then have buyer's remorse & return everything, or buy jewelry or clothes for a special event, then return it all when it's over. That's not right, so with the changed shipping policy, it will cost them. I'd rather not pay higher shipping for their unethical behavior. If something truly is defective, then you will be reimbursed. I don't see this new policy as a bad thing.

I only return things that don't fit and the clothes sizing issues has gotten worse in the past few years IMO. I know my shoe size and I used to be able to buy Ryka shoes w/o any problems, but not any more. I've had to exchange them to try and get the right size because I happen to like the shoe. However at this point, I just won't order them because I'm not going to have to pay to return a poor fit.

The same goes with other clothes. I have re-ordered items in IM's line as well as others in the same size as I am wearing and have had them not fit. Since I'm still wearing the clothes, I know it isn't because I've changed sizes.

IMO, my best option is to simply not buy clothes or shoes from QVC. I'll shop at other retailers where I can either try on the item or if I shop online with ones who have free shipping & returns.

maybe there are people out there who do what you describe in your post, but I'll bet they are in the minority.

It is up to QVC to have standard fits and make sure that the vendors and manufacturer's are meeting that standard. They pat themselves on the back all the time about the high quality standards that vendors have to meet, well, for the most part, I don't see it any longer. I'll buy elsewhere.

I have come to the same conclusion which is unfortunate because I love to try the new brands here at the Q. I'm just not willing to risk what can become real money. If QVC ever gets its act together and conforms to typical brick and mortar sizing, I'd more more inclined. Apart from Linea where I generally (after trial and error) know my size, I'll be doing much more shopping at Nordstrom, Zara, Zappos and other vendors who make shopping simple and easy.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

You and me both, gardensla, you expressed my sentiments exactly!

"To each their own, in all things".
New Contributor

I just read the new shipping cost policy and the fact QVC will not be refunding the shipping cost I paid upfront, they have just lost a customer who has purchase many things over the years. Too many other places to buy things and most times at a better price.
Occasional Contributor

Its nice. but I notice what I paid for some lock n lock last year and its gone up over 5 bucks and the same with a few other areas. The money will be made up i some way. Foods that are already shipping included are crazy prices. Cakes for around 50 bucks is out of my range. Guess it depends on what you shop for how well you will save

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/5/2015 gardensla said:

I have come to the same conclusion which is unfortunate because I love to try the new brands here at the Q. I'm just not willing to risk what can become real money. If QVC ever gets its act together and conforms to typical brick and mortar sizing, I'd more more inclined. Apart from Linea where I generally (after trial and error) know my size, I'll be doing much more shopping at Nordstrom, Zara, Zappos and other vendors who make shopping simple and easy.

Agree, gardensia & snickster. Even with Linea, I can run into problems. I ordered the moss crepe skirt in my regular size and after trying it on, I feel like I'd be better off having gone up a size, but sometimes when I've done that, the item is too large - that of course is easier to alter for fit, but is still frustrating. I love LDO's clothes - going forward that is probably the only clothing line I'm going to support.

Trusted Contributor

What has always puzzled me was if I ordered three of the same item in three colors and for some reason one of them has to go back, it's a craps shoot how much money you get refunded--if the color you didn't like wasn't the first put in your cart, you get the lower amount, but if it was the first, you get the full amount.

Also, if for some reason you decide to cancel one of the colors before it ships, you still have the same craps shoot. It seems the best thing to do is to put one in your cart and then then two more and cancel the first no matter what. Then all of the items that ship are half price. It's the most absurd system I've ever seen.