Respected Contributor

Re: What do you think of new shipping rate policy?

I think exchanges for size or color should be credited with the return postage. They aren't losing postage income and you still get what is appropriate win-win.

Honored Contributor

I rarely buy and when I do I rarely return so the $3 shipping might encourage me to buy a bit more this year.
Occasional Contributor

Tantalum (post #203) ,actually,your not correct in your comparisons. I can shop from home at Macys.com 24/7, have several options for colors and different styles, get free shipping on orders over $99, use my 20% off coupons, have items shipped to my door, try the clothing on at home and if I don't like the fit I can take it back to the store with no return shipping costs. No risk. I can do the same with Nordstorms. I can do the same with my local Herbergers store. You don't ask your customers to take the risk and then also ask them to pay for it. Unfortunately for QVC, they don't have a brick and mortar store for returns but that is their problem yet they are passing it onto their customers.

When items are made overseas, to reduce manufacturing cost, you loose some consistency in the making of the product because of mass production. Therefore, it's almost impossible to have complete consistency in clothing sizes. That's why I take issue with the no refund on shipping with clothing/shoes items. What QVC could do, to protect themselves, is put some guidelines on returns when it comes to clothing and shoes.

QVC is in a very competitive market. Their S&H is revenue contributes to their profitability. (Someone once wrote that S&H stands for Staff and Hosts{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} ) I don't have an issue with QVC being profitable, it's the reason anyone is in business. What I take issue with is that they try to make it sound like this is benefiting the customer when it's not.

Trusted Contributor

Think it will reign me in on impulse shopping....I've watched the prices across the board increase over the past year, with Quality Control still being a gamble every time.

I did my fair share of shopping here, especially in the past. I will be very selective in my purchases now. I never kept items that didn't work for me before..so don't think it will be of help to my shopping here.

We'll see how it goes ?

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Occasional Contributor

To Favorite Son: You took the words right out of my mouth! I was just going to ask if anyone liked the new shipping deal on QVC! I personally think that QVC is getting very greedy with a lot of things! The prices on SG clothing has increased quite a bit! They don't really give that many great deals at all! I have been shopping with QVC for more than 20 yrs. and they don't know what good deals mean! I have gone back to HSN and when they do sales, they are great! They offer a lot of free shipping, cheap S&H, and so many other things I can't remember that is in our favor... Right now they are having a 60% off sale on everything! QVC picks & chooses what they put on sale & I don't think they are really a big deal! I personally won't be shopping that much at QVC, and those new S&H prices make me laugh, and when they said you won't get your S&H back when you return, just because that really put the last nail on the casket! Wake up QVC you're deals stink!
Super Contributor

Curious why so many people here who are complaining about QVC's merchandise quality, bad sizing, prices, corporate policies ... still shop here and hang out on the forum?

If I were that unhappy, I'd just go elsewhere.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/4/2015 Silverandgold said:

Count me among those who think it's a good thing. It discourages the people who impulse buy & then have buyer's remorse & return everything, or buy jewelry or clothes for a special event, then return it all when it's over. That's not right, so with the changed shipping policy, it will cost them. I'd rather not pay higher shipping for their unethical behavior. If something truly is defective, then you will be reimbursed. I don't see this new policy as a bad thing.

I only return things that don't fit and the clothes sizing issues has gotten worse in the past few years IMO. I know my shoe size and I used to be able to buy Ryka shoes w/o any problems, but not any more. I've had to exchange them to try and get the right size because I happen to like the shoe. However at this point, I just won't order them because I'm not going to have to pay to return a poor fit.

The same goes with other clothes. I have re-ordered items in IM's line as well as others in the same size as I am wearing and have had them not fit. Since I'm still wearing the clothes, I know it isn't because I've changed sizes.

IMO, my best option is to simply not buy clothes or shoes from QVC. I'll shop at other retailers where I can either try on the item or if I shop online with ones who have free shipping & returns.

maybe there are people out there who do what you describe in your post, but I'll bet they are in the minority.

It is up to QVC to have standard fits and make sure that the vendors and manufacturer's are meeting that standard. They pat themselves on the back all the time about the high quality standards that vendors have to meet, well, for the most part, I don't see it any longer. I'll buy elsewhere.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I am glad that there are so many of you that hardly return anything and are thrilled with the new policies. If sizing was consistent I wouldn't return half the items that I do. Carol Hoffman pajamas - same style different colors. One was so huge the pants were dragging on the ground and top was loose but wearable. Second pair top was so small that I couldn't even get it the whole way down on my body. Had to return - now if using their label at $6.95 plus $3 per item that is $12.95 in money lost. Denim and Company pants - same size, same color, same order - one pair were too long and falling off me, second pair fit. That is NOT my fault but the first pair would have to be returned and if I exchange it is costing me $9.95 to return original pair and then another $3 for the exchanged item to be shipped. This will definitely keep me from ordering and definitely from trying new brands. I have returned a lot these last couple of months and 90% of it was from inconsistency in sizing.

Contributor

Sounds good at first, but when you realize they have jacked up the prices to more than cover the S & H, it loses its luster. I realized this when I looked back at previous orders for the same clothing items. They had gone up in price by over $6. I haven't really researched each and every item, but I have a feeling this has happened pretty much across the board. So in the end......not a great deal with all the other "perks" that were dropped.

Regular Contributor

On 2/4/2015 deja vu said:

Think it will reign me in on impulse shopping....I've watched the prices across the board increase over the past year, with Quality Control still being a gamble every time.

I did my fair share of shopping here, especially in the past. I will be very selective in my purchases now. I never kept items that didn't work for me before..so don't think it will be of help to my shopping here.

We'll see how it goes ?

I feel the same way. I am going to be cutting way back and only ordering things that I really need. When Amazon upped their minimum order amount from $25 to $35 to get free shipping my ordering was cut in half which does end up being a good thing. So hopefully that will be true with the Q.