Trusted Contributor

Re: What do you think of new shipping rate policy?

For some reason, I don't look for the lower costs to last. I expect we will see them creep up again before too long. I've come to associate the Q with greed. I don't really see them doing anything that will affect their bottom line in the long haul. I think they're trying to grab a few sales now, then they will inch the costs up, and still keep the other changes. Just a way to not have to pay return shipping on their part, and not upset customers. Incase anyone wonders, I've never returned an item.

Contributor

Copied from the HSN website:

We stand by every product we sell and we want you to be completely satisfied with the purchase you make. If any HSN purchase does not meet your expectations, you may return the item within 30 days of the date of receipt for a full refund including the original shipping and handling.

Regular Contributor

Count me among those who think it's a good thing. It discourages the people who impulse buy & then have buyer's remorse & return everything, or buy jewelry or clothes for a special event, then return it all when it's over. That's not right, so with the changed shipping policy, it will cost them. I'd rather not pay higher shipping for their unethical behavior. If something truly is defective, then you will be reimbursed. I don't see this new policy as a bad thing.

Valued Contributor

On 2/4/2015 MFitz said: Imagine going into a dresing room in a department store. The woman tells you it will be $3 to try on the three pieces you chose. If you don't buy any you will be charged $7 for each piece you don't buy. The pieces don't fit or they don't look good on you. It costs you $30 just to try them on. That is what the new shipping charges the Q has imposed.

Your comparison is not valid. Online shopping and in-person shopping are completely different, and cannot be compared apples to apples.

The benefits to online shopping is that you do it from the comfort of your own home, have an array of sizes and colors to choose from, you can shop 24-7, and have the items delivered to your door. The drawback is that you cannot try on before you purchase, and thus are at the risk of losing a little extra money if it does not fit and you have to return.

The benefits to in-person shopping is that you can view, feel and try on items before you purchase, much reducing your need to return. The drawback is that you have to shop only when the store is open, then get in your car, drive to the store, park, fight crowds, wait in line, and potentially deal with limited sizes and colors.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/4/2015 Silverandgold said:

Count me among those who think it's a good thing. It discourages the people who impulse buy & then have buyer's remorse & return everything, or buy jewelry or clothes for a special event, then return it all when it's over. That's not right, so with the changed shipping policy, it will cost them. I'd rather not pay higher shipping for their unethical behavior. If something truly is defective, then you will be reimbursed. I don't see this new policy as a bad thing.

Do a lot of people really do this? I can't imagine that many people would want to go through the trouble of packing stuff up and getting in your car to go to the post office. I hate returning items but there is no way to avoid a few misses in fit when buying clothing. Especially when you are trying an item for the first time. And I got burned on a makeup order that wasn't as described and decided to keep it anyway, just not buy anything like that again on qvc. I will buy that brand in person only if I want to try it in the future.

Occasional Contributor

As a long time QVC customer I am saddened by the new return policy. The return it for any reason has encouraged me to buy frequently without reservation, especially apparel where sizing is inconsistent even with the same brand. If this is the new direction of the company, I will be spending more of my dollars at brick and mortar stores. The return it if you don't like it has kept me a QVC customer for many years and sadly that is no longer the case.{#emotions_dlg.mad}

Contributor

On 2/4/2015 Silverandgold said:

Couldn't they solve this problem by stipulating that items must be returned in unworn and original condition? Zappos does this. Seems a shame to punish all of us.

Honored Contributor

I've been away in Florida on vacation. What is different about the shipping? I usually return something within a few days (think about those on wait list).

I never return something I've worn because I'd never wear something that didn't fit right.

So, what is different about shipping, etc.?

Honored Contributor

On 2/4/2015 annabellethecat said:

I've been away in Florida on vacation. What is different about the shipping? I usually return something within a few days (think about those on wait list).

I never return something I've worn because I'd never wear something that didn't fit right.

So, what is different about shipping, etc.?

Original shipping fee will NOT BE REFUNDED back as it had been in the past (starting on February 17th) and most shipping will be a flat $3.00 fee by 'best standard delivery'-- QVC's choice of which shipper (UPS or USPS). If you want UPS Blue/Red or Priority US Mail, you will have to pay more for the shipping.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I'd rather have the $3 shipping/handling rate since I rarely return items. I usually size up because most of the items on the models fit them perfectly and I like to wear items slightly loose, not too snug. Also, just in case I leave them in the dryer too long, I won't have to worry about shrinkage and then items not fitting me at all.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).