Frequent Contributor

Re: What do you think of new shipping rate policy?

Gardensla, I totally agree that the policy should have some credits/free shipping involved for exchanges. Many companies dealing in apparel, footwear, etc have such policies.
Occasional Contributor

I do like the new shipping costs, some of the shipping prices I thought were extremely expensive. The negative for me is the no refund on original S&H. This will definitely limit my purchases at the Q (which is probably a good thing). I would probably no longer try a new designer (since its hard to determine sizing in some instances); some designer that I do like definitely have inconsistent sizing (I sometimes order 2 different sizes to see the fit) so I would no longer purchase from them. I will only purchase from designers I feel have consistent sizing for my body.

Trusted Contributor

If I know human nature, the habitual returners will damage the merchandise to claim it's defective. That way they don't have to pay to return it. They may eventually get caught, maybe not. I do worry that so many reviews complain that they received obviously used/opened items. QVC will just continue to recycle the junk, eventually someone won't bother to return it and Ka-Ching for QVC! They make money no matter what.

Valued Contributor

This is good news if you do not return items often and if you find fashion sizing accurate. To me this policy is going to reduce the amount of orders for multiple items and new items...so is it beneficial to QVC? I would rather they have a day of free shipping...HSN recently had a beauty day and shipping all day long was free...so you buy more hopefully. I find clothing fits me at times and others not so much so now I will not do any impulse buying on new or items that have no review...just too costly in the end to have to return simply because it does not fit or look good...or is that a QVC error or defect? Maybe the lawyers can decide! And the three dollar fee for items under $50 and less than a pound ship for $3 but what about those items under $50 and more than a pound? What rate will be used? A lot is unclear and I think an easier system would be all orders $50 or more ship free which most businesses now have. Are food items now going to have S&H included as they now do or will those have a new policy of a charge? Food is usually heavy and more than a pound since dry ice and container are included. JJill often runs promotions of free shipping and also a discount if you spend more than a certain amount and another discount if you use their cc...it doesn't have to be so difficult QVC.

Trusted Contributor

Without reduced shipping on additional items, I don't think the new shipping charges are that great of a deal. It outweights the possibility that I may have to return something. This will definitely change my buying habits. The hosts would rather talk about their pets and facebook instead of really describing items they are presenting, so no way will I be taking chances when ordering.

Honored Contributor

On 2/2/2015 wonderwoman100 said:

Without reduced shipping on additional items, I don't think the new shipping charges are that great of a deal. It outweighs the possibility that I may have to return something. This will definitely change my buying habits. The hosts would rather talk about their pets and facebook instead of really describing items they are presenting, so no way will I be taking chances when ordering.

I really wish there would be more descriptions of fabric content either on screen or verbally. Instead of vague
"this fabric travels"

Gary of D&Co does a reasonable job but the rest of them-- lacking

Valued Contributor

For decades one, I have purchased a great deal from QVC. And I do return a lot, not because of an impulse buy. I learned shoes are too hard to fit, so I stopped buying shoes from QVC as they were mostly being returned. I mostly buy clothes. I spend a lot of time studying the garment measurements before ordering. But the clothes frequently are not the size specified, from pants that are 5" longer, to tops that are 4" narrower. There is no question that QVC's policy allowed me to try out, with fingers crossed, all kinds of clothes. I have closets full to prove it. I adore Louis dell'Olio and most of the styles he brings, but aside from sizing inconsistencies, I don't know if a style will work on me. Over time I've learned, but he brings so much new, there is no way to know.
Esteemed Contributor

Hmmmm, not keen on the no refund of original shipping fee. I will have to keep track closely of what I am actually spending on returns now. I won't buy any more shoes; they are too difficult to judge fit. Too bad. If I find I have too many returns, I'll have to put an end to the clothing purchases. Sometimes we want to try a new style or a different size but if shipping costs are prohibitive, I'm just not going to buy.

Respected Contributor

I liked the old policy better. I am careful how I order as well. But this new policy will really slow down my incentive to ever try anything new, especially clothing, when it's a different designer or item that I'm not sure about. Refunding original shipping was a big plus imo. I also buy certain items for the home, such as rugs, that don't always fit or look good, despite my best efforts to be careful. I'm less likely to buy those now as well. I never returned much any way, but I'll probably buy even less now, too.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Super Contributor

When I read the e-mail I thought there was really no incentive for me to order multiples of the same item unless, there was a "Buy More Save" promo on the item. I think I'll just order one item and if I love the fit and the material...then I would order the second item. Bottom line....when possible I'll order from Amazon when the item is available there, as I like the 2-day shipping option free. Two day shipping is a good thing for me as I consider myself lucky if I get a QVC in 2 weeks! I order all my K cups from Amazon, all my books, paper as well as electronic/digital books.