Trusted Contributor

Re: What do you think of new shipping rate policy?

On 2/2/2015 curlywhitedog said:
On 2/2/2015 three4me said:

Qvc when you give something nice, please don't take away something else. It kind of cancels out the positive. It's like getting a raise but taking away some benefits! Not sure this is something to get excited about.

I agree. My reaction as well. I don't mind that they're no longer offering discounted shipping on the second item, that's a no brainer, but to no longer allow the return on original S&H, well, not so sure that I like that. Guess it all depends on how much you return.

This is no gift to us, at least not in my eyes it's not.

Maria

I totally agree. Not a fan of QVC no longer refunding original shipping costs. I don't return a lot of things, but when it comes to clothing it's an issue -- simply because I don't find QVC's sizing to be consistent. I'm guessing this is going to be a reason I will be shopping less with QVC.

Super Contributor

I'd like QVC to offer something like Amazon Prime...which also lets you put four other people on the plan at no extra charge. The 2015 membership will be $99, which is a great price for frequent buyers.

However, if the five people on the plan wanted to share the price, it would be $20 a year for shipping...and it's 2 day shipping also! Amazon also offers their free shipping over $35 to everyone. If Amazon can do it and make money, why can't QVC?

Granted, not everything on Amazon is available for Prime or free shipping, but almost everything I purchase is. I find that the private vendors on Amazon who do their own shipping usually are quite reasonable because they realize who they are competing with.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Honored Contributor

The Q is going to make lots of money just because of the sizing inconsistencies on clothing and shoes alone.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Regular Contributor

I might be wrong....but it sounds like if I were to return something like- for instance- a Yany handbag....I would be charged for the shipping label( $10?) PLUS... I would lose the $11 which is the original shipping from QVC. Which means.... I would be out about $21 to return the bag?

Honored Contributor

Linea is super popular - I'm actually surprised they even bother to lower shipping prices when things sell out so often even before they're shown.

Honored Contributor

On 2/2/2015 I said:

I might be wrong....but it sounds like if I return something like- for instance- a Yany handbag, then I would pay if I wanted to return it.... the shipping label( $10?) PLUS I would lose the $11 which is the original shipping from QVC? I would be out about $21 to return the bag?

Perhaps the shipping to you will now be less than $11. If you return it you are right that original shipping cost will not be refunded under the new policy.

Esteemed Contributor

Just reading your posts above, this 'new' shipping policy sounds worse than the old one. I don't order from QVC because of their shipping (and my state's 10% tax rate on their shipping fees), and this 'new' policy is not going to change my mind. Too many shopping sites offer free shipping -- too many places to buy locally.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Occasional Contributor

I would be ordering so much more if shipping was free so many retailers offer free shipping.

It can be as much as 14.00 to purchase and return one item.

In one year this can add up this has not been a value for me.

Frequent Contributor

New policy:

<table class="MsoNormalTable" style="width: 487.5pt; mso-cellspacing: 0in; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in;" width="813" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tbody> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes;"> <td style="background-color: transparent; border: #f0f0f0; padding: 22.5pt;">

Dear Valued QVC Customer,

Every day we’re working hard to deliver more value to you—as we always have. Today is no exception. We’re excited to offer new S&H rates on most items where we charge shipping & handling for standard delivery, starting February 2, 2015.

• All apparel, beauty, and jewelry ships at $3, regardless of price or weight.
  • Most items under $50 and less than 1 lb ship at $3.
  • Most other items under $100 and 1 lb or more ship at $5 or $7.
  • Items $100 or more ship at existing S&H rates; however, many of these include S&H or offer free S&H.

As part of this change, we will no longer discount S&H when you buy two or more items in the same order, but our new S&H rates will benefit you in many cases.

In addition, we will continue to refund original S&H on returns if an item is defective or we made an error; however, effective with orders placed on or after February 17, 2015, if you return the item for any other reason, we will no longer refund the original S&H.

We sincerely thank you for shopping with us, and hope this makes your shopping experience at QVC even better.

Sincerely,

Lisa Norden
VP, Customer Service and Experience

<table class="MsoNormalTable" style="background: #fbf0ee; mso-cellspacing: 0in; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in;" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tbody> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes;"> <td style="padding-bottom: 0in; background-color: transparent; padding-left: 7.5pt; padding-right: 7.5pt; padding-top: 7.5pt; border: #f0f0f0;">

Visit QVC.com/ShippingChanges, the QVC apps, or Call QVC Customer Service at 888-345-5788 for more details on these changes. Some restrictions may apply.

</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

CONTINUE TO QVC.COM
>

</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>
Regular Contributor

On 2/2/2015 Daysdee said:
On 2/2/2015 I said:

I might be wrong....but it sounds like if I return something like- for instance- a Yany handbag, then I would pay if I wanted to return it.... the shipping label( $10?) PLUS I would lose the $11 which is the original shipping from QVC? I would be out about $21 to return the bag?

Perhaps the shipping to you will now be less than $11. If you return it you are right that original shipping cost will not be refunded under the new policy.

If you look at A256191....the shipping is $11.47. If certain items are above a certain weight they will cost more for shipping.