Valued Contributor

What do you think of new shipping rate policy?

$3.00 shipping on clothes is a good thing. But I do see disadvantages to the new policy. I don't know that I would be willing to risk ordering something no one in my size range has reviewed (in which case I'd never get a great item because it will be sold out.). Another disadvantage is the super slow shipping method is the one used. Since it takes QVC at least 5 days after ordering to ship, I always have selected UPS, which at least saves two days in shipping.
Valued Contributor

Re: What do you think of new shipping rate policy?

I see we can still select UPS shipping but then losing the refunded original shipping cost bites. Only the places from which I order shoes have free shipping both ways. The places I get clothes don't refund original shipping cost on returns, but I only buy when shipping is free, or fixed at a few dollars for an entire order. For now I conclude QVC's new policy would increase my cost of doing business with them.
Honored Contributor

It's just a temporary promotion so don't fall in love with it.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I am definitely on board with not refunding the original shipping if it means lowering the charges. I'll save a whole lot of money that way.

Esteemed Contributor

you did read that we will no longer get reduced shipping when we order more then one of the same item....like we use to get....

Respected Contributor

At the end of the day the cost of shipping apparel will be about the same or lower if you keep every item of a multi-item order. If the original cost is $6.72 for shipping, the 1/2 price for subsequent items was $3.36 per item. So for multiple apparel purchases, the reduced shipping is $4.72 on the first item, and $3.36 on subsequent item. But that is only for items shipping at $6.72. For more expensive shipping rates, the reduction in shipping will be greater.

The problem is that you have to keep all of the items you purchase to realize that reduction in shipping. Return even one item, and the cost actually increases. You have to pay to return the item, at about $4.00 if you pay for your own shipping and it can go First Class (not likely for most apparel, because the cutoff weight is 13 ozs.), or use the prepaid label at $6.95 to $8.95, and not be refunded your original shipping. Either way, shipping cost will substantially increase for a lot of apparel (or any other item, really) from which some items are returned.

Sounds like another good deal for QVC, and a disincentive to buy here.

Honored Contributor

On 2/2/2015 Kachina624 said: It's just a temporary promotion so don't fall in love with it.

it doesnt sound temporary......

Every day we’re working hard to deliver more value to you—as we always have. Today is no exception. We’re excited to offer new S&H rates on most items where we charge shipping & handling for standard delivery, starting February 2, 2015.

• All apparel, beauty, and jewelry ships at $3, regardless of price or weight.
  • Most items under $50 and less than 1 lb. ship at $3.
  • Most other items under $100 and 1 lb. or more ship at $5 or $7.
  • Items $100 or more ship at existing S&H rates; however, many of these include S&H or offer free S&H.

As part of this change, we will no longer discount S&H when you buy two or more items in the same order, but our new S&H rates will benefit you in many cases.

In addition, we will continue to refund original S&H on returns if an item is defective or we made an error; however, effective with orders placed on or after February 17, 2015, if you return the item for any other reason, we will no longer refund the original S&H.

We sincerely thank you for shopping with us, and hope this makes your shopping experience at QVC even better.

Sincerely,
Lisa Norden
VP, Customer Service and Experience

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/2/2015 Favorite Son said:

At the end of the day the cost of shipping apparel will be about the same or lower if you keep every item of a multi-item order. If the original cost is $6.72 for shipping, the 1/2 price for subsequent items was $3.36 per item. So for multiple apparel purchases, the reduced shipping is $4.72 on the first item, and $3.36 on subsequent item. But that is only for items shipping at $6.72. For more expensive shipping rates, the reduction in shipping will be greater.

The problem is that you have to keep all of the items you purchase to realize that reduction in shipping. Return even one item, and the cost actually increases. You have to pay to return the item, at about $4.00 if you pay for your own shipping and it can go First Class (not likely for most apparel, because the cutoff weight is 13 ozs.), or use the prepaid label at $6.95 to $8.95, and not be refunded your original shipping. Either way, shipping cost will substantially increase for a lot of apparel (or any other item, really) from which some items are returned.

Sounds like another good deal for QVC, and a disincentive to buy here.

This was my gut reaction too. If I order online from most major vendors I have the option of mailing it back for a fee or I can walk it back to the store for free. With QVC, I have to mail it back and as you've calculated, if I pay shipping both ways, I'm paying even more than before when my shipping was refunded.

I will certainly hesitate to take a chance on something if I know I'm looking at a minimum of $10.00 in s/h should I want to send it back. I'm assuming they're hoping will slow returns, so they get a two-fer here; the illusion that they're delivering "value" to the customer with $3 shipping AND a major incentive to not return items. Talk about stacking the deck in your favor!

Once again, I think QVC is behind the times.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

That's a huge change, IMO. Refund of original shipping was a very cool thing (and a big selling point for hosts when trying to get customers who never bought a particular line or product before).

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I totally agree with you, gardens. They are behind the times and just keep falling further back. Prices continue to escalate here for electronics, apparel, and beauty products that are not unique. With few exceptions, what QVC sells can be found elsewhere and at a lower cost - sometimes at brick and mortar, sometimes at a big box electronic retailer like Amazon or Overstock, and sometimes at another shopping channel. The brand might be different, but the products are basically the same.