Esteemed Contributor

What do you think? (jumpsuits/overalls)...

[ Edited ]

What are your thoughts about jumpsuits and/or overalls?

Most of us have heard the valid complaints about the whole bathroom predicament with jumpsuits, but I like them anyway.  I don't own one, but I'm always on the lookout. 

The two things I need in a jumpsuit are (1) a loose or stretchy waistband that falls slightly below my waist, and (2) a zipper in the front. I can work around the bathroom issues with a front zipper hahaha!

This one would probably be too short-waisted on me, but I love everything about it. 

Oddly enough, I don't like those boots with it 'cuz I think they're too tall...just give me a short bootie in that color, and I'll be happy.  They're gorgeous boots, tho!

This is Silvia, a blogger from Spain at stylelovely dotcom slash bartabacmode...Fantástico! 

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What do you think? (jumpsuits/overalls)...

This is Caitlyn from New Jersey at howdoyouwearthat dotcom.  She has a contemporary, edgy vibe that I like...

Esteemed Contributor

I actually prefer overalls, a more casual look and less bathroom issues hahaha.  I've owned many throughout the years (but don't currently have).  I prefer denim, but like Psyche's the best of these pics.

Psyche Southwell, St. Louis, at economyofstyle dotnet...

overalls trend

Emily, an American living in London, at fashionfoiegras dotcom...

Samantha from Scotland at fakefabulous dotcom (she's a biomedical scientist, of all things, and she loves to thrift).

Khaki Jacket, dungarees and white trainers over 40! Fake Fabulous

Esteemed Contributor

I've been eyeing these for darn near a year from Madewell at Nordstrom dotcom...$148 YIKES!   Why can't I find a less expensive pair I can live with at Tractor Supply hahaha?!

MADEWELL Straight Leg Overalls, Main, color, ELMRIDGE WASH
MADEWELL Straight Leg Overalls, Alternate, color, ELMRIDGE WASH

Trusted Contributor

On models, the very young and thin: super cool.

On the rest of us, meh.

Honored Contributor

When I was younger I was interested in them however I grew like a weed and we didn't have lots of tall shops around when I was a tender aged teenager (not that I had tall girl shop money). I didn't want to walk around in something where I was cutting butter Woman Embarassed

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Frequent Contributor

I love all of them - and back when I could wear them I would have.  Now at 75 all I can think of is "fast potty breaks" and these would not work!  (Sorry don't mean to offend anyone - it's just a "me" issue!)

Super Contributor

Very cute, until you have to use the bathroom! You almost have to get totally undressed, and hope the bathroom floor is clean because these might drag on the floor! Been there, done that!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a surprise! Duluth trading has some for under $50

43687142-15D9-4CC7-B965-7D53E8A11DD1.jpeg

Honored Contributor

As some posters have stated, on the models the jumpsuit and overalls look good.  But for me they wouldn't flatter or have appeal.  Also mentioned, too much to do to go to the bathroom!!!!!  Yes, I'm at that time in life.