Super Contributor

Re: What do you think if Dennis Basso would sell selling Joan's line - at least for now?

On 9/8/2014 TooManyDishes said:
On 9/8/2014 milly said:

I looked up David Dangle and he posted something to the effect "thank you Jill, MBR, Jane, Rick and Lisa and "his old buddy Kathy Levine" for coming to the service. So he and Kathy are obviously friends. So it could be possible Kathy would come back to rep the line. He, being Creative Director couldn't possibly do this and be on air all the time.

I would like to see Kathy represent Joan's line. She has experience with design & selling clothing from her discontinued line on HSN, plus all her experience as a previous QVC host. Hopefully, Joan had addressed this issue.

Kathy left QVC 14 yrs ago and David has been with Joan for 25yrs so I'm sure Kathy knew him well. And yes if the line continues I think Kathy would be great as the vendor for Joan's company and it would be cool to see Kathy and David sell it together and reminisce about Joan while selling. I think it could work.
Super Contributor

Re: What do you think if Dennis Basso would sell selling Joan's line - at least for now?

It is not that easy.
Trusted Contributor

Kathy Levine as the on-air vendor of Joan's jewelry is my choice. I'd also like a return to Joan's reproductions of her vintage jewelry, which Kathy knows well. I don't care who represents the clothes because I don't wear them.
Honored Contributor

Funny how people think 'filling in' is like pitching in when someone is on vacation from the 'steno pool' (!!!).

Frequent Contributor

On 9/8/2014 sidsmom said:

Funny how people think 'filling in' is like pitching in when someone is on vacation from the 'steno pool' (!!!).

I don't look at it as "filling in". I think people would like to see Joan's line continue. To do that there needs to be a real connection to Joan - one that she would like. If you have watched any of her shows, like "Joan Rivers - A Piece of Work" - loyalty and relationships were "VERY" important to her. The question is - who could do that. It will take a very real, special person. One who is genuine.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/8/2014 sidsmom said:

Exactly the opposite, actually! Any person who takes over for Joan will have to be VERY special. Personally, as much as I like David, and enjoyed their on-air chemistry, he was the operations guy and the straight man, Joan was the salesperson. Melissa seems to enjoy the production end of things, but prefers to stay behind the camera. It will be interesting to see what happens with this line in the coming weeks and months. Certainly Melissa has some HUGE decisions to make that will effect a lot of people and their jobs. What an enormous responsibility, which she will not take lightly I'm sure. Thinking more about it, most people have these contingencies accounted for in their estate plan. Joan was a sharp businesswoman, she must have made provisions for her company in the event of her death.
Honored Contributor

I'm guessing David will be on air. He's been with her presenting for a few years now so it won't be a shock to see him
Super Contributor

Surely their company had a succession plan in place. Joan, after all, was 81 years old. She was also a savvy businesswoman, so they had to have talked about this at some point.

Esteemed Contributor

My best bet would be that Joan, prior to her death, had this all worked out as to whether the line will continue or not and if it does, who will be the main person that will oversee it. Personally, I hope it continues with someone and I'm sure that those in the know have that information at the ready.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Kathy Levine has already had some jewelry lines on shopping channels, including QVC and they went no where. Joan's jewelry line should phase out, as it could never ever be without her presence.