Contributor

Re: What do you think if Dennis Basso would sell selling Joan's line - at least for now?

As sad as it is, I thought about this last week after Joan passed. Melissa is the Executive Producer of Fashion Police (I believe) and so if that show is done (and it is only a rumor that it is), then Melissa would not have that job anymore. That's not to say that she would not produce other shows because I think she is talented at producing. I would love to see her take over Joan's company and continue on with the quality merchandise. Melissa has a good sense of style just like her mom did and I bet she could do a very good job of continuing Joan's wishes, along with adding a little bit of a "younger" vide to the line too. Just a thought but I think she could continue to keep Joan's line the huge success it has become. Just don't know if she has the passion to do that. I do know that Melissa is very loved by many of Joan's fans so I know she would be welcomed with open arms. David could also be a huge help to Melissa and that would keep many people employed. Just a thought. Please don't anyone blow up because I made the suggestion. It's only a suggestion.

Respected Contributor

Re: What do you think if Dennis Basso would sell selling Joan's line - at least for now?

To answer your question - no thank you for Dennis. Cannot imagine such a thing

Super Contributor

On 9/9/2014 Mgraw Fan said:

As sad as it is, I thought about this last week after Joan passed. Melissa is the Executive Producer of Fashion Police (I believe) and so if that show is done (and it is only a rumor that it is), then Melissa would not have that job anymore. That's not to say that she would not produce other shows because I think she is talented at producing. I would love to see her take over Joan's company and continue on with the quality merchandise. Melissa has a good sense of style just like her mom did and I bet she could do a very good job of continuing Joan's wishes, along with adding a little bit of a "younger" vide to the line too. Just a thought but I think she could continue to keep Joan's line the huge success it has become. Just don't know if she has the passion to do that. I do know that Melissa is very loved by many of Joan's fans so I know she would be welcomed with open arms. David could also be a huge help to Melissa and that would keep many people employed. Just a thought. Please don't anyone blow up because I made the suggestion. It's only a suggestion.

Melissa also co-owns a website and I'm sure the fashion E! Show will continue with Guliana in some form and Melissa will probably produce that as well. Melissa has a good career going on for herself so she'll be fine she's a talented girl. I like Melissa that girl even though she's very wealthy has had some hard knocks and I respect her because you never heard tabloid stories about her like so many other famous kids and that says a lot about Joan And Edgar as parents.
Super Contributor

No, the line should end in my opinion.

Trusted Contributor

Dennis Basso, like Joan, has a huge personality, and, like Joan, people either love him or hate him. Clearly both views have been voiced here about Dennis, and people are entitled to their opinion. Apparently most people missed the past where I said " at least for now," but that's ok! Shows are already scheduled, so we'll see what happens in the next few weeks. I think we are all in agreement that Joan is irreplaceable, so whatever happens, it will never be the same.
Honored Contributor

I could NOT see Dennis taking over. David should handle it or if Melissa is interested in doing it but NOT Dennis. Dennis has his own line.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

I think Kathy and David would be great. Joan would approve of that I feel sure.

Respected Contributor

No, not Dennis Basso. There may be provisions in the corporation about what happens to the company under these circumstances. Why not just wait to see what happens?

Honored Contributor

On 9/10/2014 Luv Chanel and Ripka said:

I think Kathy and David would be great. Joan would approve of that I feel sure.

That would be fun to see happen. Probably wishful thinking though.

Super Contributor

Dennis was a friend, so was Cindy Adams and many others. They don't need to become Joan's voice now. Her company has a CEO and it's David Dangle. If they continue, he should be the successor.

And why would Kathy Levine take over? She was a QVC host and left to pursue other things including a line of clothing at HSN that flopped. Just because she was a friend doesn't mean she should take over Joan's role.