Trusted Contributor

What do you think if Dennis Basso would sell selling Joan's line - at least for now?

We were talking about Joan today in the office today, and someone suggested that Dennis Basso take over Joan's spots for the time being, at least until her company decides what to do for the future. I thought it was a great idea! Dennis and Joan together were fabulous! Of course I doubt Dennis has the time, but if there's anyone who could fill Joan's shoes, it would be Dennis!
Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think if Dennis Basso would sell selling Joan's line - at least for now?

Dennis ???

What is David Dangle ..... chopped liver ?

David has worked with Joan for over 20 years .... what a slap in the face that would be to him!

Respected Contributor

Re: What do you think if Dennis Basso would sell selling Joan's line - at least for now?

{#emotions_dlg.scared}No Way!!!!! He is so loud and obnoxious not to mention how he fawns all over the models, it is sickening. As Tinkrbl44 stated - It should be David Dangle. He was her partner in the company, as well as being a class A gentleman. I think he would be terrific. He has been her business associate as well as very close friend for many, many years. I adore David.

Esteemed Contributor

Dennis Basso has a lively and outrageous personality, it would be fun for him to present Joan's line but he is probably too busy with his own lines. David Dangle is not exactly Mr Personality to replace Joan.

Super Contributor

Good idea .... since DB & JR were colleagues, and their shows together were entertaining.

I would definitely watch! (But would also like to see her daughter Melissa present as well).

Honored Contributor

Dennis Dangle knows the line. Dennis Dangle IS the line, IMHO. Let him sell it. The other two mentioned don't have the time to make such a commitment.

Super Contributor

It will most likely be David Dangle and I guess we have to get used to that. The shows will definitely be different, but if QVC is going to continue with her line, that will be it. I can't see bringing anyone new in to do it. I can't even imagine seeing her show on the schedule and then having no crazy music or seeing her come out doing her crazy bending over across the camera and everything else. I'll miss her very much.

The days of being entertained during the Joan Rivers shows is over, sadly. Dennis Basso has nothing to do with it in my opinion. Just because he was fun to watch with Joan, doesn't mean he should take over. Everyone had fun when Joan was on. At least David Dangle was with her all along and knows the clothes. We don't need Basso's spin on it. That's just my opinion. I'm not trying to be mean. Smile

Super Contributor

David Dangle should continue! Ever wonder about all the jokes Joan must have made regarding his name? I bet she did!

There needs to be some entertainment value to it though, so it doesn't turn into a continued eulogizing and memorial service for Joan. There needs to be a fresh start with David, some side kick who really knows Joan's QVC side. Not stupid silly. But sophisticated silly.

Lisa Robertson should quit QVC, work full-time for Joan Rivers Classic Collections with David Dangle and there you go. Perfect.

Lisa Roberson is funny, witty, beautiful, and got along well (very apparently) with Joan and Dennis Basso, too, as well.

I'm serious. Lisa is really funny, classy, but she has a wit which is too tied down here, due to QVC presentation restrictions.

David Dangle & Lisa Robertson present: Joan Rivers' Classic Collection

Super Contributor

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I think David Dangle is a class act and he should continue on.

Regular Contributor

I would rather see David. He is the president of her company and instrumental in the designs. Dennis has his couture line as well as other stuff and I do not think he would represent Joan's company. Buy it maybe, but not fill in. I wonder if her company will be sold. That will be another sad day. Joan has put so much work and compassion in her pieces I would hate to see that, but it would not surprise me.