Respected Contributor

Re: What do you think if Dennis Basso would sell selling Joan's line - at least for now?

Maybe I am alone here, but I think no one should take over the line. It was HER line, HER ideas. To have someone else do it, and make money off her name is just morbid and exploitive. Even if David D. continues, he should use his own name.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think if Dennis Basso would sell selling Joan's line - at least for now?

I think Joan thought of everything she wanted done with her belongings and business while she was living. She had a husband who died, and I am sure she wanted things to continue as she saw fit and left plans and instruction. Maybe she was grooming David to take over, maybe she knew what Melissa could handle, and what she wanted to do when her Mom was gone. Joan was 81, she talked of her dying often. She said she was blessed, had everything in life she wanted or could ever dream of. She stated many times if she "went today", she was ready and would be happy.

That said, I would assume Melissa and her talked about this. Melissa was probably like many of us when parents talk about dying, and didn't really want to discuss it, but listened.. But I am sure Joan stated her wishes, wrote most up lawfully, and passed the rest of her wishes to Melissa and Cooper..

I would think Joan made plans for her business to pass, or not. She would have thought everything through, and made her decisions on what she thought would work.

IMHO Dennis Basso is not a jewelry salesman. But what do I know.

Honored Contributor

I couldn't pick Kathy Levine out of a lineup, but any former host makes no sense to me. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

As for Melissa, WHO KNOWS what she'll want now .... maybe to sell the whole thing and live a quieter life now. Her son needs her more than QVC does.

David Dangle makes the most sense .... Dennis has his own line, remember?

Honored Contributor

On 9/8/2014 depglass said:

Dennis Dangle knows the line. Dennis Dangle IS the line, IMHO. Let him sell it. The other two mentioned don't have the time to make such a commitment.

I think you mean David, but regardless, I have to respectfully disagree. He just doesn't have the presence the line deserves. No one can fill her shoes, but I believe there are choices that would be more compelling. I can honestly say that it'll be hard for me to watch anyone else sell the line, but I know I won't be tuning in to see David.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

For those of you who suggested Melissa, do you remember when she had her own little collection of jewelry on QVC? While I am sure Melissa is a great mom, daughter, friend, etc., her selling seemed to lack verve. Granted, she is older now so she may do well, but Joan has some awfully big shoes to fill. Charisma is a gift.

Dennis Basso? Really?? My vote would be NO! I think David could do quite nicely now that he doesn't have to "play" to Joan and he can be his authentic self.

Super Contributor

On 9/11/2014 magicmoodz said:

For those of you who suggested Melissa, do you remember when she had her own little collection of jewelry on QVC? While I am sure Melissa is a great mom, daughter, friend, etc., her selling seemed to lack verve. Granted, she is older now so she may do well, but Joan has some awfully big shoes to fill. Charisma is a gift.

Dennis Basso? Really?? My vote would be NO! I think David could do quite nicely now that he doesn't have to "play" to Joan and he can be his authentic self.

I saw Melissa fill in once for her mom and she looked bored and uninterested. But she is older now and I think the public has gotten to know her through Joan Knows Best. Melissa always struck me as a behind the scenes type person like Edgar.
Occasional Contributor

I think David Dangle and Kathy Levine would be a dynamite team, that is if Kathy wanted to do it, and if she and QVC could ink a deal.

Honored Contributor

On 9/10/2014 Peaches McPhee said:

Maybe I am alone here, but I think no one should take over the line. It was HER line, HER ideas. To have someone else do it, and make money off her name is just morbid and exploitive. Even if David D. continues, he should use his own name.

I think it's very possible that the line will end. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}