Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think if Dennis Basso would sell selling Joan's line - at least for now?

That would work for me but I don't see that happening, he has his own businesses to run. But, Joan was in her 80's and I'm fairly certain she had a transition plan in place. She was a business woman and a realist.

Super Contributor

Re: What do you think if Dennis Basso would sell selling Joan's line - at least for now?

I hope to see David D. continue and hopefully, Melissa might join him. I just can't imagine any other than a "Rivers" doing her line. If not, I'd like to see Kathy Levine. She certainly had the experience and relationship with QVC/Joan previously.

Respected Contributor

FYI.............Dennis Basso has a very thriving & successful business on Madison Avenue. His name & brand is known for premier couture fur designer.

David Dangle is the logical person. He is the President of Joan's company and worked with her for 20+ years.

Super Contributor

And how do we know that Kathy Levine would even consider coming back? Maybe she loves her life just like it is.

Esteemed Contributor

No one can take Joan's place, so if she's not selling I'm not watching.

Super Contributor

I think it would be a tremendous honor and Dennis Basso would be the best choice.

Honored Contributor

No, for now (or anytime soon) I would THINK it would be David (I think that's his name). He was her head of sales (or something like that).

Then eventually probably her daughter Melissa would be the one selling it. That's what I think. I don't really know.

I have several of her jackets and love them.

One of my favorites recently is the black and pink houndstooth jacket. I wear it in Spring and will get it back out for early Fall.

Honored Contributor

On 9/9/2014 Skylands said:

FYI.............Dennis Basso has a very thriving & successful business on Madison Avenue. His name & brand is known for premier couture fur designer.

David Dangle is the logical person. He is the President of Joan's company and worked with her for 20+ years.

I agree since David is the President of Joan's company and he has been doing the QVC presentations alone or with Joan for a few years now. I doubt Melissa would want to do the presentations. I don't think Kathy Levine would want to come back to QVC and don't think she would ""fit in"" anymore the way QVC is now.

Super Contributor

On 9/9/2014 annabellethecat said:

No, for now (or anytime soon) I would THINK it would be David (I think that's his name). He was her head of sales (or something like that).

Then eventually probably her daughter Melissa would be the one selling it. That's what I think. I don't really know.

I have several of her jackets and love them.

One of my favorites recently is the black and pink houndstooth jacket. I wear it in Spring and will get it back out for early Fall.

David is CEO of the company. He's also an award winning (Emmy) designer.

Honored Contributor

On 9/8/2014 skuggles said:
On 9/8/2014 voyager1980 said:
On 9/8/2014 skuggles said:

I really would have no interest in anyone who might represent her line if it turned into a "Joan would have", "Joan liked", "Joan's vision was" etc. They may be able to capture what it was that made her line unique, but I doubt it, and any mention of her, when she is no longer here to tell it like it is, would seem like trumped-up attempts to profit off her name and reputation that would turn me off.

They talk about Jeanne Bice all the time Does that bother you?

I'm not interested in Quacker factory at all, so I never watch that. Can't be bothered by something that I don't watch. If they do it with Joan, I won't watch anymore.

On the QF shows they talk about Jeanne all the time. However, the presentations are so different without her and the brand has changed a lot. I had stopped buying QF years ago, but occasionally watch part of a show. It's not the same, but is continuing on.