Respected Contributor

Re: What do you think if Dennis Basso would sell selling Joan's line - at least for now?

On 9/8/2014 nutmeg3 said:
On 9/8/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

Dennis ??? {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

What is David Dangle ..... chopped liver ?

David has worked with Joan for over 20 years .... what a slap in the face that would be to him! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

David should be the selling his line on QVC.

totally agree but also for me, I would love to see Kathy Levine along side of David Dangle, no one else. For those that remember JR and KL together, really something else, great duo and David Dangle with KL would be fantastic. If only one than it has to be David Dangle.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What do you think if Dennis Basso would sell selling Joan's line - at least for now?

The Q will do whatever brings the most viewers and purchasers to the line without Joan. They may do nothing for a while.

Honored Contributor

Dennis Dangle? Sorry for my faux pas, I obviously combined the two names. I meant David Dangle way back on post 5. There is a huge volume of inventory coming down the pipelines. Nothing is going to stop this, there are contracts in place with fabric suppliers and manufacturers. Someone has to sell it, perhaps they will rotate reps until someone just clicks.

Respected Contributor

I would stay far, far away.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
New Contributor

No. As much as I love Dennis Basso, that would not be a good business decision. My vote is to bring Kathy Levine back and sell with David. This would be an excellent business decision for QVC. And occasionally bring Melissa in also. But definitely bring Kathy Levine back - people want her and would definitely buy from her. David would shine with Kathy!

Kathy please come back for Joan! We want you back!!!

Esteemed Contributor

The line should continue. David Dangle has been working with Joan on this brand since it's early days on QVC, so he is definitely qualified to continue to direct the operation. In fact, aside from on air appearances, his skillful management of the JR brand creative team and production facilities is what permitted Joan to be able to have a successful business and maintain a full entertainment schedule.

That said I do like the idea of Kathy Levine joining the brand as an on air representative. This is not the same as Kathy creating her own jewelry line. In this case she would be doing what she does better than no other, and that is standing in front of the camera oozing her charm and selling a lot of product.

Occasional Contributor

IMO, David Dangle and Kathy Levine as a combo, seems like it just might work very well. In the "old days", I am another one who would tune it to the "Joan and Kathy shows" --just to see them work and laugh and yes--buy! I miss Kathy Levine's expertise, style and panache. If not, I have many pieces that I will treasure. Thank you Joan Rivers.

Super Contributor

It will, no doubt, be David...with Melissa probably popping in from time to time.

However, Dennis Basso would be a hoot! I'm sure he doesn't have the time to represent Joan's line, but they did do some products together. I hope Joan's and Dennis's company do that again and that he talks about Joan often.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Super Contributor

On 9/9/2014 marcia29 said:

IMO, David Dangle and Kathy Levine as a combo, seems like it just might work very well. In the "old days", I am another one who would tune it to the "Joan and Kathy shows" --just to see them work and laugh and yes--buy! I miss Kathy Levine's expertise, style and panache. If not, I have many pieces that I will treasure. Thank you Joan Rivers.

Yes, wouldn't Kathy be great selling Joan's products? She is another one who kept me in stitches. They need a special person to fill Joan's shoes.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Respected Contributor

On 9/8/2014 ical said:

David Dangle should continue! Ever wonder about all the jokes Joan must have made regarding his name? I bet she did!

There needs to be some entertainment value to it though, so it doesn't turn into a continued eulogizing and memorial service for Joan. There needs to be a fresh start with David, some side kick who really knows Joan's QVC side. Not stupid silly. But sophisticated silly.

Lisa Robertson should quit QVC, work full-time for Joan Rivers Classic Collections with David Dangle and there you go. Perfect.

Lisa Roberson is funny, witty, beautiful, and got along well (very apparently) with Joan and Dennis Basso, too, as well.

I'm serious. Lisa is really funny, classy, but she has a wit which is too tied down here, due to QVC presentation restrictions.

David Dangle & Lisa Robertson present: Joan Rivers' Classic Collection

OMG- If Lisa R were to leave QVC and work for a certain 'brand' it would NOT be a Q brand.

High Couture only. Lisa would never work for Joan's company. Not exclusive, and not her

taste or style.