Super Contributor

Re: What do you think if Dennis Basso would sell selling Joan's line - at least for now?

On 9/8/2014 Tissyanne said: Kathy Levine has already had some jewelry lines on shopping channels, including QVC and they went no where. Joan's jewelry line should phase out, as it could never ever be without her presence.
I agree but what we are saying is IF it continues Kathy would be great representing the line along with David Dangle. But I am with you it just wouldn't be the same without Joan it would just be her name on the items nothing more. Did QVC buy Quaker Factory name or does Jeanne's son still own the name? I'm not sure how that works
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What do you think if Dennis Basso would sell selling Joan's line - at least for now?

I would like to see the line continue, as QF has.

David should be the vendor. Melissa had a short-lived line on the Q. She was not a very compelling vendor.

Respected Contributor

I really would have no interest in anyone who might represent her line if it turned into a "Joan would have", "Joan liked", "Joan's vision was" etc. They may be able to capture what it was that made her line unique, but I doubt it, and any mention of her, when she is no longer here to tell it like it is, would seem like trumped-up attempts to profit off her name and reputation that would turn me off.

Trusted Contributor

I just googled David Dangle and Joan Rivers, and read that David designed jewelry for Joan's company at one time.

Super Contributor

On 9/8/2014 skuggles said:

I really would have no interest in anyone who might represent her line if it turned into a "Joan would have", "Joan liked", "Joan's vision was" etc. They may be able to capture what it was that made her line unique, but I doubt it, and any mention of her, when she is no longer here to tell it like it is, would seem like trumped-up attempts to profit off her name and reputation that would turn me off.

They talk about Jeanne Bice all the time Does that bother you?

Frequent Contributor

I want this line to continue as I LOVE her clothes and designs but please NO to dennis..... While his coats are well made and beautiful I would never be able to listen to his presentations long enough to know if I liked something. I just can't handle his voice. His rapport with joan was fabulous but that's the thing.. for me Joan NEEDS to be there so I can tolerate his presentations. She's gone now so as great as they were together that's over. David is the one to continue in my opinion. As with most designers I'm fairly certain they have designs of jewelry and clothing waiting to be produced. So at least for awhile I'm sure we will get presentations of JOAN'S designs that are waiting to be made and sold.
Respected Contributor

On 9/8/2014 voyager1980 said:
On 9/8/2014 skuggles said:

They talk about Jeanne Bice all the time Does that bother you?

I'm not interested in Quacker factory at all, so I never watch that. Can't be bothered by something that I don't watch. If they do it with Joan, I won't watch anymore.

Super Contributor

Now I wish I had seen all her shows on the Q.....
Regular Contributor

First off, I believe Melissa is going to have a say in anything that happens with all of Joan's ventures. Dennis is a loud mouthed money hungry furrier! Melissa probably can't stand this jerk. He has animals killed for money. Melissa does not wear fur and is a supporter of PETA. No way would he take over. David Dangle has class and worked beside Joan. He would be the one to carry on this line for Joan if it is to continue, and whatever is to happen, Melissa and Joan I'm sure already have a plan.

David all the way. Basso, Never!{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Super Contributor

What a ridiculous idea. Have you nothing more to do at work than to sit around and think of such ludicrous ideas ? Bet your employer loves that.