Frequent Contributor

Re: What do you think if Dennis Basso would sell selling Joan's line - at least for now?

My 2 cents. NO!! Either David Dangle or even Kathy Levine. Friendship and loyalty was extremely important to Joan - something I think that has been lost along the way. Although it appeared that she like Dennis Basso - she clearly had special relationships with David and Kathy.

Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think if Dennis Basso would sell selling Joan's line - at least for now?

I would assume the contract between Joan's company and QVC will be the determining factor of what happens next. I also assume that whatever happens will feel uncomfortable at first, just as it did when Jeanne B died. Then, as long as the product is good, the company can survive, but it all takes time - and all kinds of behind the scenes work.

Trusted Contributor

I can't stand to watch him sell his own line. Time will tell what happens to her fashion and jewelry line
Valued Contributor

I looked up David Dangle and he posted something to the effect "thank you Jill, MBR, Jane, Rick and Lisa and "his old buddy Kathy Levine" for coming to the service. So he and Kathy are obviously friends. So it could be possible Kathy would come back to rep the line. He, being Creative Director couldn't possibly do this and be on air all the time.

Honored Contributor

Um; no.

Contributor

On 9/8/2014 milly said:

I looked up David Dangle and he posted something to the effect "thank you Jill, MBR, Jane, Rick and Lisa and "his old buddy Kathy Levine" for coming to the service. So he and Kathy are obviously friends. So it could be possible Kathy would come back to rep the line. He, being Creative Director couldn't possibly do this and be on air all the time.

I would like to see Kathy represent Joan's line. She has experience with design & selling clothing from her discontinued line on HSN, plus all her experience as a previous QVC host. Hopefully, Joan had addressed this issue.

Super Contributor

Isn't David the CEO of Joan's company?

He's appeared so often, I don't understand why he can't continue.

Super Contributor

On 9/8/2014 loveour4leggedfriends said:

{#emotions_dlg.scared}No Way!!!!! He is so loud and obnoxious not to mention how he fawns all over the models, it is sickening. As Tinkrbl44 stated - It should be David Dangle. He was her partner in the company, as well as being a class A gentleman. I think he would be terrific. He has been her business associate as well as very close friend for many, many years. I adore David.

Dennis is so much fun and he was to appear with Joan this month and last year when they were on together it was so funny. But no I think Dennis has his own line to worry about. As far as David we know Joan loved him but it's going to be tough either way, if QVC retires the line there is going to be a sense of loss and if it goes forward it is going to be odd without Joan. I think we should probably wait until Melissa and QVC decide what to do. Right now it's the last thing Melissa should be dealing with.
Super Contributor

I think all us Joan Rangers are grieving and posting here is our way of dealing with the loss of Joan. I'm glad QVC allows a community board so at times like this we can mourn and talk Joan.
Super Contributor

David is certainly the man, and isnt that what Joan would want, that's so obvious.