Honored Contributor

What do you think about this Handbag price??

[ Edited ]

It comes in several colors.  The bag is $2,375.00 - way out of my league.  I think it is a beautiful bag but definitely not the price.  I try to figure out if you are paying for the name or the leather.  lol  What do you think?  It's a Valentino Garavani.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What do you think about this Handbag price??

That’s for people who have waaaaaaaaay too much money and they desperately need to get rid of it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One would hope you're paying for sumptuous leather and meticulous craftsmanship but even as a bag aficionado, there isn't a lot you can do to a bag, especially a smaller, simple bag, to make it worth so much. My thinking is part of that price has to do with the designer label...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I think it's crazy. Anyone who has the means can spend that. But even if I did I wouldn't spend it on that bag. I'd get a classic Prada.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

It comes in several colors.  The bag is $2,375.00 - way out of my league.  I think it is a beautiful bag but definitely not the price.  I try to figure out if you are paying for the name or the leather.  lol  What do you think?  It's a Valentino Garavani.

@Katcat1  Is there $2,275.00 inside?

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't spend it on that bag.  

Honored Contributor

Valentino is a designer brand, so pricing is not out of line. The leather looks like good quality, love the studded details and there in no obvious logo - all positives from my perspective!  

How someone wishes to spend their $$$$$$ is none of my business.  If you like it and have the resources,  go for it! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

I think it is an attractive bag, but I would need something 3-4 times larger. 

Actually in looking at this bag closer I am not as interested in the main compartment as I am the strap. I like a big, beefy strap. Nothing cheapens a bag more than the thin little shoulder straps found on many bags these days.  They bend and get wrinkley (for lack of a better word).😊

Respected Contributor

The only thing that bag has going for it would be hopefully a really good grade of leather and the pink one is a good color.  Otherwise just a run of the mill, nothing exceptional something to carry your stuff in and it is too small to carry what you need.  Anyone buying the bag is not playing with a full deck.  Even if you have tons of money, it would be wasted on this average bag/  Maybe it has genuine gold hardware!

Contributor

They buy these bags because they can. A big waste of money. I would rather donate to people who have nothing.Makes me sleep better at night.