Honored Contributor

Re: What do you miss at QVC this season?

I miss Lisa and her Christmas decoration programs, her posh program and PMS.  It's not the same, but feared I would have many tomatoes thrown at me should I mention her name but since it came up, I do miss her too.  

I definitely miss Joan and doubt we will ever see the likes of her again.  I think Lisa is out there lurking, awaiting an opportunity and we can see her on Facebook each day.  She is decorating her home and it is looking good.

Trusted Contributor

I miss the true spirit of the holidays...not the mad meterialism today. Being disabled most of my life I have never had much "disposable" income so I cannot miss something I never had. I have even been homeless in my life after serving this country in the military so I know what it is like to have nothing. I havent seen many TSV's that have been affordable for me and I cannot gift Kitchen Aid Mixers and Bose but I guess others can so I enjoy watching, looking and wishing, and that is enough. As a small girl I used to look at the Sears Christmas Wish Catologue every year and wish and wish....but then again I dont miss not having things as I had what I needed some of the time. I dont own gold, gems, a laptop or even a cell phone but I have a roof over my head and a wee bit of food. I think that makes me richer then 75% of the world. Yes I do miss Joan as she made us laugh and smile. Hope everyone has a nice holiday. If I could have anything...well is something QVC cant sell me.....I wish I could be well and not in a wheelchair. I wish I could afford a scooter to help me get around more

Honored Contributor

I was excited when I had something wonderful coming to myself like Valorie Parr Hill's 36' angel or beautiful clothes for people on my list.  We just don't have a lot of good items in many areas.

Respected Contributor

God bless you, Stormygirl. Thank you for your service to this country. May you have a wonderful Christmas and a healthy, happy new year!

Respected Contributor

Oh, I love the answer depglass gave!

Respected Contributor

I miss beautiful Christmas and winter sweaters.

Respected Contributor

I miss my regular QVC programs (basically fashion, accessories and limited beauty).  I don't buy gifts from the Q. I try really hard to buy locally produced items at Christmas so the stream of toys and gadgets don't hold any interest for me.

I will add one more vote for Lisa Robertson and not because she was some major icon.  QVC gave Lisa the products that interested me most, from Christmas ornaments to clothing. On Fashion Days, I could save myself a lot of time by tuning in to Lisa.  If I was going to purchase something it would likely be in her show.