Honored Contributor

What do you miss at QVC this season?

[ Edited ]

For me, other than the more disposable income that I had in years past when the economy was better and we were all buying more gold and there were gold and gem shows almost daily, I miss the latest Christmas pairing that made everyone smile, everyone happy for a while and who made us forget our woes, be they physical, emotional or monetary:  

I miss the Christmas Joan Rivers and Dennis Basso and though I am no big Basso fan, something about Joan made him shine for a time and it was a lot of fun, it was a learning experience as they paired their wares and showed us how to use what they had to market.  What a trunk show and I dearly miss wild and lovable Joan and her Christmas show with Dennis.

As much as I like David Dangle, I cannot imagine him pairing with anyone to have such a romping fun fashion time and I cannot imagine anyone but Joan being able to tame Dennis Basso for a fun show like that.

Yes, I am nostalgic about some things and some people for whom I care and at the top of the QVC list is Joan. Though I never knew her, I felt as though I did.  She was very human, engaged well with others and although she made light of people, you knew it was never serious -- it was all in good fun.

Honored Contributor

Re: What do you miss at QVC this season?

Honored Contributor

I agree-miss Joan as well. She was a one of a kind gem! I also miss the Festive Christmasy feeling from QVC this year, it seems like it is all hard selling and no fun!!!!! I realize it is a shopping channel, but in the past it seemed like nmore fun! 

Honored Contributor

I have so far managed to avoid every appearance of the Flash Pad, but I wouldn't say I've missed it.

Lisa Robertson is the only thing I've noticed missing. Everything else seems much the same. 

Honored Contributor

I miss those good old days when there was no $10 "try-on fee"! This has virtually ended my fashion-shopping at the Q.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

coupon codes......or at the very least the bonus when buying gift cards. last year they gave you a $25 bonus gift card with every $100 in gift card purchases.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

If you don't like her, that's fine .... but I miss Lisa Robertson.     She was a wealth of fashion knowledge and added a lot to QVC's credibility.

Respected Contributor

It's not about the season; I just miss Joan Rivers and I miss Lisa Robertson.  Joan and and Lisa has a sense of style and a rapport with shoppers that is hard to find in vendors and hosts.  Not to criticize the hosts and vendors but Joan and Lisa had that "something" that cannot be taught or learned.  But life is all about changes.....you just have to roll with it.   

Honored Contributor

Flashlights. 

Respected Contributor

I seriously do not miss Lisa. But, I really enjoyed her Christmas decorating shows. She seemed  happy presenting Christmas  items. She had a good sense for decorating and she, like me, loved Christmas.

-Texas Hill Country-