Honored Contributor

Re: What do you have in you closet that you know you should get rid of..

If I save anything, it's usually a tee shirt that reminds me of a time , place or specific event.  Fortunately tees don't take up much room.  I actually enjoy donating clothes and shoes, because I like thinking about someone wearing and enjoying something I loved.  It might be silly, but it makes purging fun.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I've been retired for a year now and have no need for all the clothes I have 'squeezed' into my closet.  In the spring, I will do a big purge and give a good portion of it to the Salvation Army or similar.  As far as having one sentimental item to hang on to, nope.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Nothing!  I know I have a few items that I have had for years and will probably never wear again, but I have no desire to get rid of them.

I don't understand the practice today to purge and call everything we don't need 24/7 clutter.

Many items are attached to a memory, or a person.  We are human and it is normal to hold some things dear.  It's okay to surround ourselves with things we love.

I will never be guilted into getting rid of things I want to keep.

@Nataliesgramma I think you should continue to keep that dress in your closet.  It probably holds good memories.

@Carmie :  I don't think anyone is trying to guilt anyone into throwing any article away, just sharing what has worked for them.  I am somewhat of a clutter free person but will never get rid of sentimental pieces in my closet and home.  I have the pink lace birthing jacket I wore during the time my son was born 33 years ago, plus lots of other items that I cherish.  Whatever works a person is right for them.  Enjoy what ever you choose to keep or share with donations.

Honored Contributor

A classic, simple little black dress.

Illusion sleeves & neckline, knee length, fit me like a glove

I wore it maybe twice

Tried to sell it, no takers, may try again

Similar to this, but my sleeves are more fitted and no dots.

MAISON-JULES-Womens-Black-Lace-Long-Sleeve-Illusion-Neckline-Above-The-Knee-Sheath-Cocktail-Dress-Size_-S.jpg

Honored Contributor

Nothing.  I purge from my closet all the time. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Nothing ,I gave everything away a couple of yeras ago ,and started over

Respected Contributor

A pair of Esprit pants from '80s. worn with white MIA flats. the pants have a Hollywood waist and are white linen. size 2.  i was so thin back then. and a Nicole Miller dress in a Memphis print i wore on a trip to Denver and then to a wedding.  dancing to Dress You Up (Madonna)

Valued Contributor

EVERYTHING  I SHOULD START OVER BEING 90  LOL  HAVE SO MANY DRESSY THINGS .TIME TO CLEAN OUT

Honored Contributor

TOO MUCH

Valued Contributor

THANK  YOU