Respected Contributor

Re: What do you do when every bra you wear is uncomfortable?

Since my surgery, I feel funny without a bra 24/7. I wear a lot of leisure type bras and when possible, the same with clothing. The problem is, you can't wear them with everything. I've learned to adapt, but by the end of the day I hate wearing underwire. I'm a 34 C.

Honored Contributor

Try taking new measurements yourself. Use a measuring tape and measure under the breasts around the fullest part of the ribs, even take a breath and expand a bit. You might have changed band sizes. Take your larger breast lift, and use the tape to measure the full, lifted length from where the breast leaves the chest, out to the nipple. Based on nipple sizes, different manufacturers determine what is THEIR cup size. Some brands have completely different lettering for their cup size. It's a good idea to look at bras for sale online at different sites and different brands and you will see this. For added comfort, buy some bra extenders with different numbers of hooks. Bra raters for different bras will tell you how comfortable certain models are. Look at Just My Size, Hanes, and Romans and you will see what I mean about the cup size variance among manufacturers. Since so many posters have like Wacoal, try some on. Many women choose band sizes that are too small, breathe when you measure. My niece is very narrow and large breasted and she was happy with a Nordstrom fitting. Just remember that these fitters are there to make sales, so you might be fitted according to the stock they have on hand. You may also wear a different size from a different manufacturer or different style bra. I find Playtex 18 Hour bras to be comfortable. I feel that underwires are dangerous weapons, I've had many of mine come out of the bra and stab me under the arms. For the smaller breast, there are small inserts that can discreetly even the breasts out. I also find Glamorise gras to be comfortable. Read the reviews at multiple sites.

Regular Contributor

I have never worn bras my entire life...""if"" I have too will wear a Genie type or sports bra but for everyday or going out I wear a cami or nothing. Sometimes I wonder if wearing bras has contributed to breast cancer.

Honored Contributor

Super Contributor

I got a great fit with the no wire Breezies. I used the Q's fit guide and they fit like a cream. And there's my completely Me Days when I wear my Ah Bra from HSN.
Super Contributor

Easy answer...switch to a Genie Bra or a similar type bra which you can find in almost any department or specialty store. A bra fitting is a good idea as well...
Super Contributor

I do not wear uncomfortable bra's. I love the Victoria secret bra's. And recommend them highly.

Super Contributor

I have the same problem - I've been wearing a 40D but with sloping narrow shoulders nothing stays on my shoulders and the cups are always too wide and end up under my arms. I recently went to a Soma store to be fitted, the clerk didn't measure me, just asked what size I was wearing. I told her I needed a bra that fit, so it seemed obvious to me that what I had wasn't working. When her "favorite" bra didn't work for me, she lost all interest in helping me. I did find one that was better, but I'm taking it back - still isn't comfortable and I'm not paying over $50 for something that doesn't work.

I found a site that helps you determine what style of bra will work best for you and gives suggestions. You can buy from them but they suggest you take the brand and model number to a store and try on. It's Her Room dot com. I'm going to Dillards with a list of several brands and model #s and see if they work.

Super Contributor

I wear a 42g..and wear wacoal they fit pretty good.

I buy it at macys.com..or there is also ladygrace.com

that has a good selection. I really don't like

shopping for bras either.

PS One of mine is smaller then the other..and

I have the same problem with my feet..I

used to wear a 7 1/2 but now wear an 8

to fit the larger size foot.

Super Contributor

Get professionally fitted at Nordstrom's or a lingerie store. If that doesn't work, go to HerRoom dot com - they have a wonderful fit tool that I prefer to use. Made a huge difference for me - the right bra fit is more than just size.