Honored Contributor

Re: What do you consider to be "too young" of a style for you?

@Mellie32 

I don’t think of fashion in terms of “age” appropriate. I don’t really think that is appropriate in this day and age. But there are many “fashions” out there that I consider to be very bad and wouldn’t touch with a 10 foot pole. Lol

Honored Contributor

For me, it would be mini skirts worn without tights/leggings.

Also skin tight leggings in the camel/nude color.  From a distance..................well you know.

Oh, a big NO re: bikini swimwear.

Let's see...............thinking............

Flared pant suits in seventies mod prints.   The psychodelic type.  

Well, I'll probably be back with more.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

Hoodies.............

Cammo.....

Cargo Pants

too old for me....HUGE FLORAL PRINTS

I love and wear hoodies, cammo and cargo pants. 

Honored Contributor

I don't think in terms of "too young" for me.  

I do think there are some things (which QVC sells and which shall remain nameless) that are "too old" for me, and I'm 78! 

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I do think there are some things (which QVC sells and which shall remain nameless) that are "too old" for me, and I'm 78! 

Haha....let's do that one too.  I'll make a thread for it.

Honored Contributor

A shroud.

Regular Contributor

I still wear skinny jeans and boot cut -but I don't wear jeans with the distressed holes in them.  I also make sure  my stomach doesn't show when I raise my arms up- (no cropped tops).  I still wear shorts in the summer but not the short shorts. When it comes to makeup  I also don't wear the heavy dark eyeliner and very rarely wear eye shadows either because I find that they make my eyes look older (wrinkled).  I do wear mascara,  blush and lip gloss... and sometimes I'll take my blush brush and lightly brush a little blush on my eyelids.  I agree everyone should wear what they feel comfortable and happy wearing.  

Honored Contributor

I like young styles.  All of them.  I can wear them.  What I dislike are older styles (for me) that many women wear.  Elastic pants.  Pull on pants.  The "denim"" of QVC that are not quite denim.  Pull on stretch pants more then jeans.  That irks me to no end.  QVC has tried to improve with the NYDJ, & some of Laurie Felt.....but still.....it's pretty bad.  Another is the too long tops design to conceal, rather then fashion.  QVC started the 3/4 length, elbow length to hide upper arms.  They'e gotten away from this recently, so it's a good trend.  It's a contrast with QVC, when you see tops in mall stores.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@ALRATIBA 

I'm glad you said it! LOL Between the size confusion and what I see as predominantly matronly looking offerings I find the Q to be a great place to scratch my fashion itch without spending any money 😉

As for what's too young for me I agree with those who say it's my body that determines what I wear; not my age. I stopped being able to wear certain cuts of bikini bottoms after having a kid because of the stretch marks. It had nothing to do with age.

And while I would be too self conscious to walk into a forever 21 by myself I did pick up a top online after seeing it on the hostess at the cheesecake factory! LOL

I would say my taste is pretty much as it's always been

Respected Contributor

Minis, short shorts, any shorts unless they are Bermuda, fussy summer tops with spaghetti straps or halter style,  high-heeled shoes & sandals. crop tops.