Respected Contributor

Re: What do you buy "back-up duplicates" of?

[ Edited ]

If I find something I really like, and fits well, I may buy more, but in different colors. Layering tees, walking shoes, bras, mocassins or flats. I buy backups if something fits me perfectly, especially shoes.The fit is more important to me now that I am older; shoes just don't fit my feet like they once did.

Honored Contributor

It varies. Usually things that fit well in different colors. Pants, tops, jackets.

Bras ALWAYS.

Honored Contributor

Hi @Goldengate8361 . I've purchased the same thing in different colors on something I've liked that fit well. For example - different colors in tanks, bras, jeans, pants, etc

Honored Contributor

I went berserk on Louis del Olio items back in the day. I have the leopard jacket in three colors and the turtleneck sweater in four. I still wear 99% of my Louis stuff, only one coat in turquoise and bright yellow doesn't get worn but I don't have the heart to donate or discard it. If Louis is still in good health I would bankroll a new line for him, that's if I were at QVC, of course.

Honored Contributor

My walking shoes! I walk so much and wear them out in only 3 months. Whenever my favorites reduce their price I jump on it. Last summer I had three back up pairs that I used up in no time!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I have always bought duplicates of things that I love and things that fit just right. I love the Dooney Zip Zip and have it in five colors. There was a small Vera Bradley bag that was perfect and got that in 6 patterns. Birkenstock sandals, Easy Spirit shoes and

booties, Minnetonka moccasins.

On one of Joan Rivers last presentations, I bought her quilted jacket with corduroy collar and cuffs. After she passed away, QVC still sold that jacket and I got two more in other colors. I

still wear and love those jackets.

About three years ago, I found the perfect cotton top at Macy's

for spring and summer. Every time they added a new color, I bought one. I ended up with 15 of them.

When I was collecting jewelry, I would buy the same item in silver and gold. This past year I got a Stan Herman caftan, loved it and bought three more colors. Did the same with many of his items, over the years, robes and loungewear.

Flexibelle crop jeans with little zippers at the ankle were pants that fit right and I love them. Got 5 pairs of those.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have what you would call "back ups" but if I find an item I like that is offered in different colors or something like that, I'll buy more than one color. I have some nice jeans from Democracy, and have repurchased the same black color more than once because of size only. I would like their bootcut, but I'm not going to buy them as they would need to be hemmed because the inseam is 30 inch and I need 28.

They have some other nice pants in colors that I have purchased too though. Gray, khaki tan, and a light pink that I wore in the Summer.

I've been known to buy a comfie shoe in different colors if I can too. I don't consider them back ups, just an addition since they are not the same color.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@jlkzwrote:

On Black Friday this year I treated myself to duplicates:

My inventory of Easy Spirit clogs needed to be restocked and Boscov's online had a great sale plus the Rakuten cashback.

The Kilronan Irish wool V-neck poncho just arrived from the Q this week....navy, hunter green.....and sale-priced with the cashback deal from Rakuten.

__

If it happens again, I am getting more colors. I got it extra large because I want the roominess for when I sit and read or enjoy my iPad. In early Spring or late Fall, they will be perfect for walks outside !

@jlkzI LOVE Boscov's! Today they have 10% cash back on Rakuten.